What's new

How do I remove the badges on app store

ardchoille

Reaction score
The App Store icon on my home screen has a small red circle with a number in it, I know that means I have two upgrades. However, I have looked over the reviews for the upgradeable apps and others are having nothing but problems so I really don't want to upgrade them. Is it possible to remove the badges for the App Store icon? I've looked through the Settings and can't seem to find any option that allows me to remove the badges for that app. Settings > Notifications allows me to remove the badges for other apps but the App Store isn't listed.

If you are not jailbroken, then no. Jailbroken users will have to chime in with the tweak needed for that situation.

Skull One said:
If you are not jailbroken, then no. Jailbroken users will have to chime in with the tweak needed for that situation.

Not jail broken, but have a feeling I will be as soon as it's available for 5.1 on 4S.

Not jail broken, but have a feeling I will be as soon as it's available for 5.1 on 4S.

Well when you do jailbreak there are a number of tweaks for this exactly (too many IMO).

However i recommend Springtomize 2 because it has soooo many options to choose from. One of them being "double tap to clear badge" when it edit mode.

I highly recommend you buy Springtomize 2. that tweaks alone replaces many tweaks with one purpose.

zig9449 said:
Well when you do jailbreak there are a number of tweaks for this exactly (too many IMO).

However i recommend Springtomize 2 because it has soooo many options to choose from. One of them being "double tap to clear badge" when it edit mode.

I highly recommend you buy Springtomize 2. that tweaks alone replaces many tweaks with one purpose.

Yes, I'm making a list of things I need after jailbreaking and I'm adding that to the list.

ardchoille said:
Yes, I'm making a list of things I need after jailbreaking and I'm adding that to the list.

This is a very good idea for any new jailbreaker.

Good thinking. Always make sure to check that whatever tweak you may want will work with your phone and iOS version. Any questions about a tweak you can ask me....I have done a lot of experimenting.lol