What's new

Another red circle with the # 1 in it on App Store icon

Jessie711

Reaction score
I have looked through the previous posts but unfortunately not finding what I’m looking for.

I have a red circle with the # 1 in it on App Store icon. When I open the App Store it says all Apps are up to date. When I go to the notifications in the App Store and turn the Badge App Icon off the red # 1 disappears. How do I tell which App the red # 1 is connected to?

Thanks Jessie

If you go to the updates section of the App Store on your iphone, any apps waiting for an update will be at the top of the list with an update button beside them.

Is the updates section the down arrow in the bottom right hand corner of of the App Store screen? If yes when I click on it I get "all apps are up to date".

Yes, "Updates" is at the bottom right. When you tap it, you should find a list of apps that have been updated the last 14 days, including the app that needs to be updated.

If the Updates tab doesn't show an app with the "Update" icon next to it, force close App Store: double tap the Home button to show the App Switcher, then slide the thumbnail below the App Store app icon towards the top of the screen.
If the app still shows the number in the red circle, turn off your iPhone, then turn it on again.
And in case that doesn't help either, wait for an hour, access the Updates section again. The same happened to me yesterday, and after some time the app that had to be updated finally appeared there, and it was possile to update it.

Another option would be to connect your iPhone to iTunes (computer) and look at the apps there. It should show the culprit, and it's also possible to update your app from there.

Hope that helps.

Thanks J.A. I'm still not sure what app was causing the problem, but the red # 1 has gone after turning the phone off and on again.