What's new

iPhone SE 2 Could be Available Next Month, Minus the Headphone Jack

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone SE 2 could be here next month.JPG

The iPhone SE, along with the iPhone 6s, is one of the only two iPhones still on sale that still has a headphone jack, but now, according to Japanese blog Macotakara, via 9to5 Mac, Apple might have finally removed the headphone jack from the forthcoming iPhone SE 2. It’s possible that the removal of the headphone jack will add to the phone’s water resistance.

According to Macotakara’s source, the iPhone SE 2 will launch in May, and will have the same style of 4-inch display and design as the iPhone 5, but with the addition of an A10 chip, the same as that used in the iPhone 7. This is an upgrade from the previous model’s A9 chip, the same as that used in the iPhone 6s. The new iPhone SE 2 will still have Apple Pay support via NFC.

Macotakara’s information comes via a case-maker, and often its these case-makers that get the early scoop about forthcoming Apple devices because they have to have early access to dimensions and details about those devices in order to plan their cases in advance.

The same source also says that the new iPhone SE will be compatible with wireless charging, but that rather contradicts the information that the design will be largely the same as the iPhone 5, as wireless charging requires an all-glass back.

Source: iPhone SE 2 could arrive next month, but without a headphone jack

I'm looking for an update to my 5c and this looks like my prayers have been answered. Unfortunately, I'll have to purchase the headphones that can go into the charging port.

I'm looking for an update to my 5c and this looks like my prayers have been answered. Unfortunately, I'll have to purchase the headphones that can go into the charging port.
You get a set of the new EarPods with the new iPhone as well as an adaptor that allows you to use regular headphones with the charging port.