What's new

iPhone screen broken, iTunes won't let me do the backup because "not enough free space"

nxpa

Reaction score
My iPhone 5s screen just broke up but the phone is still working, it's just that I can't see anything.
I tried to make a backup but then I got the "iPhone backup failed due to not enough free space" message, and I can't delete anything on the phone to get more free space because I can't see anything on the screen.
So, does anyone have any ideas or possible solutions to help me make a backup or to help me gain access in some other way to my phone's information?.

Thanks in advance!!!

The message means not enough free space on your computer, not on your iPhone. You don't have to free up space on your iPhone to back it up.
How much available storage do you have on your computer?

If you're using iCloud backup, it means that you don't have enough free iCloud storage to hold the backup. You'll have to buy more storage. Once you do, try the backup again.

The message means not enough free space on your computer, not on your iPhone. You don't have to free up space on your iPhone to back it up.
How much available storage do you have on your computer?

If you're using iCloud backup, it means that you don't have enough free iCloud storage to hold the backup. You'll have to buy more storage. Once you do, try the backup again.

That can't be the problem because I still have aprox 132 free GB on my computer.
Below are screenshots of the two messages I receive.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-07 at 4.16.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-07 at 4.16.55 PM.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 372
  • Screen Shot 2015-06-07 at 4.30.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-07 at 4.30.26 PM.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
What those messages mean is that iTunes is trying to sync more items to your iPhone than you have room for. Have you tried backing up without syncing?

As a point of info, and supporting what Scifan is saying, the yellow triangle with an exclamation mark is a Windows symbol not an IOS one. So it's the computer that is lacking the space for what it thinks you want done. I do not know if the music symbol is providing more info.