What's new

Can I transfer SIM from broken phone to another phone to do a backup?

AlCraker

Reaction score
My iPhone 11 screen is broken as is the camera so I can't unlock it. It still tethers to my watch so it's still functioning. I just ordered an iPhone 14 so I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to transfer any of my info. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I've ever backed up this phone. Can I put the SIM in my wife's phone and do a backup that I can restore to my new phone? If so, would the backup contain a mix of her stuff and mine? Would it even be worth it? Thanks.

My iPhone 11 screen is broken as is the camera so I can't unlock it. It still tethers to my watch so it's still functioning. I just ordered an iPhone 14 so I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to transfer any of my info. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I've ever backed up this phone. Can I put the SIM in my wife's phone and do a backup that I can restore to my new phone? If so, would the backup contain a mix of her stuff and mine? Would it even be worth it? Thanks.
Transferring the SIM to another phone would not help with backing up. In the event that the phone has not been automatically backing up to iCloud (default setting), you could connect it to a Mac or PC and create a backup there in Finder (Mac) or iTunes (PC).

Last edited:
Transferring the SIM to another phone would not help with backing up. In the event that the phone has not been automatically backing up to iCloud (default setting), you could connect it to a Mac or PC and create a back there in Finder (Mac) or iTunes (PC).
Thanks for that. I just logged into iCloud and see a backup was done yesterday. So you think I'll be ok when I get my new phone?