What's new

iPhone questions.

CrazyNLove50

Reaction score
I am a new member with an iPhone 4 3G. I know absolutely nothing about its "secrets." My husband has an iPhone 4S. I believe he has LOTS of secrets. In fact, I KNOW he does. My main concerns are things he can hide from me, such as his Find My iPhone location even though I have full access. Why does the dot go gray when he says he's not on the phone? Is he chatting? Why does the "circle" show me houses? Is that talking with someone? He at one point had an icon that would come up on his computer that said its properties were "a social plug-in for Windows Messenger Live to chat with Facebook friends." He is NOT supposed to have a Facebook account. How can I tell if he Jailbroke his phone? 33 years of marriage - I know - I'm crazy for staying before you say it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am a new member with an iPhone 4 3G. I know absolutely nothing about its "secrets." My husband has an iPhone 4S. I believe he has LOTS of secrets. In fact, I KNOW he does. My main concerns are things he can hide from me, such as his Find My iPhone location even though I have full access. Why does the dot go gray when he says he's not on the phone? Is he chatting? Why does the "circle" show me houses? Is that talking with someone? He at one point had an icon that would come up on his computer that said its properties were "a social plug-in for Windows Messenger Live to chat with Facebook friends." He is NOT supposed to have a Facebook account. How can I tell if he Jailbroke his phone? 33 years of marriage - I know - I'm crazy for staying before you say it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

You want to know what he's up to? Go up to him and tell him to hand the phone over to you. I'm serious. Take a look at his contacts, his text, and ask questions about apps that do things like block numbers. If you see something like that, the phone is jail broke. If he has nothing to hide he should have no problems with any of this.

If he says it's none of your business then go look at your phone bill. Check out who he's been sending text to (strange numbers on a regular basis).

I'm assuming you share an account of course. But I will tell you I know from experience that if someone is cheating on you and you don't look at their text ever they will get sloppy and leave them on there. Look at his calls too. See calls going to the text numbers?

Tell him you want to see his emails. Again, unless he has something to hide he will show them to you and if he's not cheating he will be more then willing to show them to you. If he refuses tell him you'll get an attorney.

I had no idea anything was going on. Didn't suspect it, never looked. I found out when I got a call from the other guys wife.

You better believe I look now. Also look for things like dropbox. They can hide stuff in there too.

Last edited:
Crazy... no. Untrusting... yes! The Find My iPhone locator is easily turned off from the iCloud controls via the iPhone's Settings. If Find My iPhone is active... it doesn't matter if someone is using the iDevice or if it's sitting in a glvoe box. It should show their location... within reason of exactness. The quickest way to know if someone's iDevice is Jailbroken... if there's a "Cydia" icon. My suggestion... talk to your husband about these issues. Instead of keeping it a "secret" and coming to us. :)

have to agree with thomasjtsi,you really need to talk out your worries and fears with your husband.

Crazy, I'm with Horse here. If you found us, chances he's found us as well and has seen your thread.

If you think he's keeping secrets, don't stoop to that level, be the better person and confront him about your fears.

And yes, he refuses to show you or talk to you about it, get a lawyer.

Good luck,

Kerri

Crazy, I'm with Horse here. If you found us, chances he's found us as well and has seen your thread.

If you think he's keeping secrets, don't stoop to that level, be the better person and confront him about your fears.

And yes, he refuses to show you or talk to you about it, get a lawyer.

Good luck,

Kerri

That's hook not horse. I know, spell corrector. :)

He may see her post but he might not know the screen name. Could be anyone.

That's hook not horse. I know, spell corrector. :)

He may see her post but he might not know the screen name. Could be anyone.
i think Techie may have been referring to post 6.

i think Techie may have been referring to post 6.

Ah.....well, he saying basically the same thing I did with a lot less words.

Point of my post was the anonymity. And really, just because you have an iPhone doesn't make you a Forum member.

Ah.....well, he saying basically the same thing I did with a lot less words.

Point of my post was the anonymity. And really, just because you have an iPhone doesn't make you a Forum member.
no,its a very remote chance that he will see this thread,the OP really wont find the answers here,only her husband has those and she should ask him.