What's new

Iphone pre order madness

The Apple Stores I go to here in South Jersey seem to have plenty stock. There's doesn't seem to be high demand in the store as I think a lot of people ordered online. I have been in three different stores between southern NJ and
Delaware since Friday, and they all have been selling a few 4S's every couple of minutes. Most of the business in the store is for iPads, MacBooks or the Genius Bar.

I ordered mine from Verizon on the 7th at 6a.m. and had it the 14th by about 2p.m. or so by UPS.

Same here, ordered with sprint on the 7th, got home from work on the 14th at 4pm and it was sitting by my front door!!
Been playing with it for a week, loading apps, lovin it!!!

i am so jealous of you guys! lol even though i did pre order mine three days after you lol......not by choice might i add.... i have no clue what to go by the 2 to 3 week estimate or 3 to 4 week...... my boyfriend told me that morning 14 plus days so i hope that is it....today saturday is day 12 since we ordered mine..... i'm hoping this coming tuesday (day 14 ) it comes or next week it does...... i am so anticipating it and its not funny lol

I pre orderded the 7th, later on that day the 16g phone were already looking at a delivery of oct 21, not the 14th like me. after tracking showed my phone was delayed i called verizon to cancel and go buy it local as i called a local store and they had product, I couldn't cancel anyway until i recieved the phone. but ups just screwed up and i got my phone ontime.

I've spoken to clients who saay they are trying to get a phone from ATT but ATT stores are out of stock.

All I know is except for the first day apple store has had them. I wanted to get mine at Target because of their protection plan. The mobile manager told me yesterday that they can see them in inventory but apple won't ship them, but one or two at a time. They had a 5 page waiting list. How do you like that. In a bad consumer based economic Apple is holding out and not releasing products to be sold. Thanks corporate America.

I ordered mine from Apple on the 19th and my order status says "processing items" and shows a delivery date of Nov1 - Nov 8.

I ordered mine from Apple on the 19th and my order status says "processing items" and shows a delivery date of Nov1 - Nov 8.
i ordered mine from apple on 14th and mines same status "processing",and del date 24th-31st,wondering when the status is going to change to "preparing for shipment."

Are delivery times later or sooner than orders made out to the UK? sorry if its obvious lol i haven't the slightest idea on that....if it is about the same that makes my order on october 10 seem more hopeful and possible to arrive this coming week.... i hope! lol though mine is a 16 gb white so unsure on that hope

Are delivery times later or sooner than orders made out to the UK? sorry if its obvious lol i haven't the slightest idea on that....if it is about the same that makes my order on october 10 seem more hopeful and possible to arrive this coming week.... i hope! lol though mine is a 16 gb white so unsure on that hope
I dont know if its later or what,according to apple theyr coming from china and being assembled as ordered,im wondering if the staus changes after passing the first date mentiond as mine hasnt moved on yet.

i ordered mine from apple on 14th and mines same status "processing",and del date 24th-31st,wondering when the status is going to change to "preparing for shipment."

Looks like the preorders are the last served. Yesterday Saturday, I passed by my phone shop in the shopping centre and asked the guy if he has any iphone 4s left available right now and he said yes. So I guess when the iphone 5 comes out next year, I would stay clear of the preorder business, just walk in the shopping centre phone store.

I brought mines on the 18th at local Verizon store here in South Jersey.I wanted the 16g in black but they were. Back ordered the only model they had in stock was the 36g in white so I ended up buying that one instead

This just is plain wrong. I ordered mine on the 7th and because apple shorted Best Buy (among other retailers) They did not ship those preorders out to them. Allegedlt they are now they are supposed to get a huge shipment in the next 21 days which means it will be til Mid November. My pre order is actually going to be shipped with people the ordered well after me. I don't understand what's wrong with this whole shipment screwup. How can Carriers like AT&T have hundreds of these sitting on the shelf unsold at local stores and then you have other carriers like Best Buy who has paying customers still waiting for their phone.

Just FYI. Apparently there must be some miscommunication going on at Best Buy. I went to the Best Buy store and explained the email I received to one of the associates and I guess he did not know what I was talking about. I was under the impression that Best Buy gets all of their shipments sent to a main Hub and then it is shipped to each respective store. Well, apparently when you order inside the store, Apple ships the phones directly to that store and not to some General Hub. So what does that mean? Well, the person that I was talking to on the 1-888 number was from a shipment point in Texas which sounds to me that this is probably a general hub for people that order the Iphone 4s online. This also means that any of the email that I get from this is really bogus because the texas distribution center will never receive my order because it will go directly to the store that I purchased it from. The rep from Best Buy stated that not a Single Best Buy in the Kansas City. MO area has received a 64 GB Iphone 4s. It looks like Apple put most of their phones in the Apple Store and gave a little bit more to the Main Carrier Stores, and then the Retail stores got the scraps. If it weren't for the good protection plan, I would have jumped ship and just ordered directly from ATT or Apple. Oh well, They did state that there should be some shipment by the end of the month. (If anyone here works for Best Buy and can validate what I am talking about, please post something. Thanks)

Pre-order iPhone 4s is a joke as me. Pre-order iPhone 4 case is more reality

my dispatch date from apple is 24th-31st,here we are on the 24th and nothings changed yet,still at the processing stage