What's new

Iphone pre order madness

iJanebond007

Reaction score
Hey all :)

sorry if this is more of a redundance but i am unsure if its a hopeless case. I pre ordered a iphone 4s on monday at 6am last week....the rep said 14 plus days...i HOPE the phone arrives sometime this week magically or at least by next week which would be 2 weeks or so after the order was placed.....im so excited and i really really really just want to get my hands on it and play around w the phone already :( on saturday it said backordered still as the status on the tracking number..... Anyone have this situation and got their phone after a not eternity amount of time??? thanks a bunch!

My daughter and I pre-ordered on October 7th and have had NO updates except for the first email verifying our order. Seems like everyone that walked into the store the following Friday was able to just purchase and walk out with one! I feel silly for thinking I was the smart one!!

My daughter and I pre-ordered on October 7th and have had NO updates except for the first email verifying our order. Seems like everyone that walked into the store the following Friday was able to just purchase and walk out with one! I feel silly for thinking I was the smart one!!

The preorder is a joke, I have never got any feedback from my preorder, but managed to get two 4S for my two sons just by walking in a store. So I guess when I will get a response for the preorder God knows when, I will just say I don't need it any more.

What's really ridiculous is that a co worker said that he went in the ATT store and they had hundreds of 64 GB Iphone 4s's in stock. Yet I am still waiting on the one from Best Buy that I preordered on the 7th. The only reason I am going with Best Buy's is because of the Black Tie Protection Plan which is better than Applecare and doesn't have a deductible unlike the ATT insurance which is $200 per incident with 2 incidents max per year.

That happens to me too, I preorder on the 8th and my shipping date is the 21th, I could have gone to a retail store long time ago and get one the same day, what is the preorder benefit then? I feel dummy.

That happens to me too, I preorder on the 8th and my shipping date is the 21th, I could have gone to a retail store long time ago and get one the same day, what is the preorder benefit then? I feel dummy.
With me, I preordered with the Telco phone network and when I got 2 iphones 4S from the phone shop in my shopping complex, I rang the Telco (without telling them that I got 2 already) to cancel the preorder and I was told not to worry about it as they would ring me before anyway and it would be easier to walk in a phone store to get one.

Last edited:

Hey, at least you have a shipping date! I pre-ordered on the 7th and have not heard a thing, just still says "on backorder"!

I ordered mine from apple on the 14th and delivery date is 24th-31st,i didnt want to risk not being able to get one at the apple store as each time i phoned they said they were expecting stock but couldnt tell me when,i checked the order today and its gone to the processing stage now so its moving on.interest in the uk for 4s is huge.

I ordered mine from Verizon on the 7th at 6a.m. and had it the 14th by about 2p.m. or so by UPS.

Note to self: wait for the (anticipated) iPhone 5 next year, which will be a total remake of the 4S. Hang tough!

hi again, i know none of you can tell me for sure but, here goes.... me and my bf ordered 16 gb iphone 4s's...he ordered his via ATT site on october 9th , while i pre ordered on the 10th at 6am PST.....he just got a email yesterday stating one was pending on shipment...and im guessing its his since he ordered on the ninth even if it was under 24 hours from my order....does anyone think mine will take way longer to show up? or just days probably? :( the sad part is i am more excited about it than he is ...any guesses would be appreciated.

as my order is still in the processing stage i thought i would see if our nearest apple store has any stock yet but no chance and they have no idea when they will have some so i will be sticking with my order,if i hadn't ordered when i did god knows when i would have got one.

Ordered mine on the 15th, and the shipping time was listed as 7-14 days. After I place the order, and get the confirmation the shipping time changes to 21-28 days. Ofcourse I call ATT Premier and have a fit, but they state they can't cancel the order, and since they can't cancel, I can't walk into the Apple Store closest to me and pick one up!!! Pissed to say the least. When I called back on yesterday the Rep. told me to call back on tomorrow, and they'll see if they can cancel the order so i can pick it up at the Apple store. I already expect a wasted phone call.

Last edited:
Sj, that sucks! so you originally ordered from ATT? i think it is pretty lame as heck that so many people are having to wait eternity for their phones. i figured they produce and ship them out all the time but i suppose not... i really hope mine shows itself this coming monday which will mark 2 weeks since we ordered...... it has become a everyday thought as far as thinking about when exactly is the phone arriving.... apple stores here are sold out so i have no choice but to wait till the phone arrives via fedex etc.... sigh!