What's new

Iphone not working due to moisture?!?

watty005

Reaction score
I use my iphone almost daily with a running app to keep myself fit, however 2 days ago after finshing exercising I had roughly 25% battery life left, I put it on charge and nothing happend. I orignally thought it could be the charger, but I purchased a new one and still it doesn't charge. When I try to power the phone on it sometimes displays the 'battery empty' picture, and sometimes it does this randomly showing the 'battery empty' picture.
Does anyone know what could the problem be, and could I fix this myself by buying parts off ebay? if so, what components?? Any help would be much appreciated.

watty005 said:
I use my iphone almost daily with a running app to keep myself fit, however 2 days ago after finshing exercising I had roughly 25% battery life left, I put it on charge and nothing happend. I orignally thought it could be the charger, but I purchased a new one and still it doesn't charge. When I try to power the phone on it sometimes displays the 'battery empty' picture, and sometimes it does this randomly showing the 'battery empty' picture.
Does anyone know what could the problem be, and could I fix this myself by buying parts off ebay? if so, what components?? Any help would be much appreciated.

If your phone has water damage, then a trip to a repair center is warranted. Make a Genius appointment at an Apple store and let them have a look at it. Unless you have AppleCare +, water damage isn't covered under warranty. Only a tear down at the service center would be able to tell what components may have been damaged and require replacement. The normal procedure is for you to pat a fee equal to about half the cost of a new phone and you receive a new or refurbished phone in exchange. If you have any apps, data, etc. on the phone that isn't backed up in iTunes on your computer or in iCloud it will be lost unless you are able to backup the phone before taking it in.