What's new

iPhone 4 not working

zx3bmx

Reaction score
That was a very broad title wasn't it?! I didn't know what else to call it. lol Anyways, I did quite a bit of research online and on here before I posted. I'm a moderator for a couple different car forums so I know how it is when people post a super popular question over and over. Anyways, this may get long. A few weeks ago, I would plug in my phone and a message would pop up saying "charging is not supported with this accessory." I thought that it was my charging chord being weird. But that message would pop up once a day. Then yesterday, I wake up to travel to Cleveland, OH for my cousin's graduation. I hit the wake button, and there was just a picture on the screen that had the iTunes symbol with a chord. Which means to hook my phone up to iTunes. Before I did that I attempted to turn the phone on, and reset it. The only way anything happens is when its hooked up to my computer. The apple symbol comes on for maybe 10 seconds, then dies again, and continues to do this until I unplug it from the computer. I was thinking maybe this was a battery problem. Anyways, I hooked up the phone, and I had to download the latest software for my phone. Well that took 4 hours, my internet sucks. lol I was supposed to be leaving, but I really needed a phone....so I kept messing with it. After the software downloaded, iTunes said that the phone needed to be restored to factory settings. I went to do that, but an error 21 message kept appearing. I then updated my iTunes, and the same thing still happened. I did more research, and found a bit of helpful info. I found out that some people were having this problem fixed by taking out the battery and the screw connecting it, cleaning it, and putting it back. A month ago I took the back of my phone off to replace the lens glass, and when I did that there was a screw that fell out. I didn't know what it was for, so I left it at home on my desk. So of course I opened the back of my phone up last night, and the screw for the battery was missing....that's what that screw was for! But guess what, Im in Ohio now, that screw is back in KY. I wont be back until Monday, and then I am leaving again to go to Illinois for my best friend's Navy graduation... So here was the big question. Whats the problem? If I put that screw back in, will it really fix the problem? I pushed my finger down on the contact, which I figured that's what the screw would be doing if it was there and nothing changed with the phone. Or should I just order another phone off eBay and set it up before I go to Illinois? I can't really wait until Monday to find out, and order a phone because then it won't be here until after I get home from IL. I have straight talk btw, it was at&t, its a red iphone 4. If anyone knows anything that could help, it would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!