What's new

iPhone newbie, a few questions

ONN63

Reaction score
Hi all, Im hoping to get a new iphone 4 in the next couple of days which im looking forward to as i have been using android phones for the last couple of years. I have done plenty of search on the forum but have got a couple of questions.

I have gone through the "how to jailbreak IOS5" guide and also the "how to save SHSH" which im happy with.

1. I presume when doing a backup via itunes, it will backup everything including messages, all apps and there data?

2. If i do another backup via itunes, will it backup everything again or just the changes compared to the existing backup?

3. Whats the best way to save apps and there data that are not from itunes such as from cydia or elsewhere?

Thanks

Last edited:
Anyone know the above?

Thanks

I dunno about 3, but for 1, it does a complete image backup, so pretty much everything on your phone. For 2, it will only save the changes in order to save space.

Hi all, Im hoping to get a new iphone 4 in the next couple of days which im looking forward to as i have been using android phones for the last couple of years. I have done plenty of search on the forum but have got a couple of questions.

I have gone through the "how to jailbreak IOS5" guide and also the "how to save SHSH" which im happy with.

1. I presume when doing a backup via itunes, it will backup everything including messages, all apps and there data?

2. If i do another backup via itunes, will it backup everything again or just the changes compared to the existing backup?

3. Whats the best way to save apps and there data that are not from itunes such as from cydia or elsewhere?

Thanks
1 yes the backup will include message, all apps and data, basically everything present in your phone.
2 it will create a new backup file which will have the actual date for reference and it will backup everything present in your phone at the time you are doing the backup.
3 your city apps data or settings/ are saved in your backup files, you will have to reinstall the very same exact version of the app to be able to retrieve the saved data/ setting of the cydia app.