What's new

Iphone Mini

Ipad Now

Reaction score
Wish they would make a small iphone. Maybe a 3 inch screen or a little smaller. I know now a days everyone wants bigger but there are some of us who don't.
Would like to see two form factors. Regular iphone and iphone mini. Hey they did it with the iPad. I'm still hoping.

The 4S has a 3.7 in screen. Anything smaller would have to be a flip or slide phone. The reason it was a viable option for the iPad was because the screen itself on the full size iPads are 9.7 inches just for the screen alone, the entire device is roughly 9.5 inches long. The Mini was made possible because the device size was large enough to allow for the shrinking of the display size, which is now a 7.9 inch display and a 7.9 inches in length.

If you were to shrink the display to a full 3 inches, the iPhone "Mini" won't be that far off from the iPhone 4, and would still be slightly longer than the iPod Touch 4th generation. Unless the home button is shifted to the bezel and the display connector is somehow redesigned to connect to the mainboard at the center, there's no practical way to shrink the already small iPhone into anything smaller without compensating immensely.

I've seen 2.5 inch screens on smart phones (HP Veer) so it can be done. It might take some ingenuity but I think it can be accomplished. We just need a big wave of people wanting smaller phones :)

Imagine yourself with an on-screen keyboard on your Veer, and see if it productive enough of a product to have users of all age, type and build, to use the on-screen keyboard. The reason the touch screen of smartphones are that size is that it's forgiving or users of all physical types and builds. On a 2.5 inch screen, the keyboard will obstruct everything unless you have a modified dial pad-like UI that you would have to tap multiple times to get a character like a flip phone

The idea of devices like the iPhone and Galaxy series and all others alike is to have non-movable part to increase longevity of the device and detracts from the ability to snap the device in half like a flip/slide phone can

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

They can build it. Make it better, stronger, faster.
No it wouldn't be for everybody.

And this is why I switched frm my Galaxy S4 to an iPhone 4s. I wanted a smaller size. to me the 4/4s size is perfect. I dont watch movies on my phone, but I do play the random game, interweb, text and email, and ebooks. the 4S screen is just fine for that. Just really wish I had LTE on it...

3.7 iPhone 4S would be my pick for iPhone mini my daughter age 11 prefers it to the 5(she had a choice) I love the 4 inches on 5S but a little bigger would keep me of course and it's nice we can pick different form factors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk