What's new

Iphone mail/Yahoo problem

Karen Corbel

Reaction score
While checking my emails this morning all my email accounts (all Yahoo) suddenly disappeared from the phone. I have tried numerous times to add the accounts back to the phone following all the normal steps. I get as far as 'verifying' the password and each time settings just closes without saving the account details. I have checked the passwords I am using - I can sign in online fine. A couple of times I have generated a special app password in Yahoo and tried using that to no avail. I can never get as far as IMAP settings.
Phone has been turned on and off numerous times to no avail.
I can't even download the Yahoo mail app as I get Cocoa error 4907 each time I try, so I am completely stuck for being able to download my emails on the phone.
Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Karen!

The error sounds like you tried syncing or downloading the Yahoo app from your computer. Did you search for it in the App Store on your iPhone? You shouldn't have a problem installing it from there.

In Settings - Mail - Add Account, you get the option to simply add a Yahoo account by selecting "Yahoo". There's no need to enter IMAP settings, if that method works.

Also, there are problems with Yahoo in some parts of the USA and Europe. Maybe your area is affected as well. Some people reported they were logged out and couldn't log in again.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Karen!

The error sounds like you tried syncing or downloading the Yahoo app from your computer. Did you search for it in the App Store on your iPhone? You shouldn't have a problem installing it from there.

In Settings - Mail - Add Account, you get the option to simply add a Yahoo account by selecting "Yahoo". There's no need to enter IMAP settings, if that method works.

Also, there are problems with Yahoo in some parts of the USA and Europe. Maybe your area is affected as well. Some people reported they were logged out and couldn't log in again.

Hi JA and thanks for the reply. I may have worded the question badly. I was trying to download the Yahoo Mail app from the App store but just kept getting the Cocoa 4097 error message.
I can't add any Yahoo account back onto my phone as when I get to the verify point settings just repeatedly closes. My phone has no email accounts when until this morning there were 3.

It is possible that the Yahoo servers are the problem, this does happen from time to time. Try to go somewhere you have a strong signal and do the download.