What's new

Iphone extra battery case advice, please

Martc

Reaction score
I use my iphone for GPS distance information while playing golf. The app (FreeCaddie) is excellent, but the iphone battery runs out before the end of a round. Has anyone used a battery-enhancing case? I'd be grateful for any advice on the effectiveness of these. Thanks.

I know a few people with Mophie cases. They all love them. I hear it is like having a second battery and does not add too much to the size. They are pricey but appear to be well liked. Check the reviews and see what you think.
RA

Thanks. I'll have a look at it.

The best case you will find.... Well worth the price (I got the 2000ah, same size as the air, more capacity)...

Many thanks for your help. I've got one on order (£10 from ebay) so hopefully it'll get me through all 18 holes,

Does anyone know the best way to use a battery case? I have heard different opinions. Should I leave the battery case on all the time--using its battery instead of the Iphone? Or should I turn off the battery case and use the Iphone's battery until I need the case? Will it hurt the Iphone's battery if I leave it on the charger all the time?

PRay - good question. I'm also curious about this seeing I'm thinking of getting an external battery.

What about the batteries that you plug into the iPhone - not a case - anyone have recommendations?

By way of feedback, I find the Mophie casecideal for my purposes. When the iphone gets low I just switch the case to "on" and it charges up the iphone to about 60% capacity. This is enough to easily finish the round. The case itself is quite thin and doesn"t prevent the iphone going into a standard holder.

Of course any cellphone's battery will run out when you are playing a lot of games. I happened to see a battery travel charger that you could use to extend the life

I always left my battery case on from the morning until it died then I ran off the phone itself. Worked well for me. Just recently (still on 4 moving to 5 next week) I started using phone first until about 40% then turn battery case on and I think the case first was better.