What's new

need some advice please.

sut

Reaction score
hi guys

i am looking for some advice please. i have just brought my son a used although only 2 weeks old iphone 4 32gig for his 15th birthday. i know nothing about these phones so i am looking for advice on what i should do to his phone to get the best out of it for him. the phone will be on pay as you go not contact,
i am looking to know is it worth me taking to the local phone shop to get it unlocked and jailbroke ( i think thats what you can have done ) and if i get this done is it safe to do to his phone.

i am also looking to know what is the best network for him tobe on for internet as he wants to play games so needs go cheap / free internet.

and the last thing what are the best apps and games for me to pre load for him.

sorry if i am asking alot here and thank you for any help you can give me.

hi guys

i am looking for some advice please. i have just brought my son a used although only 2 weeks old iphone 4 32gig for his 15th birthday. i know nothing about these phones so i am looking for advice on what i should do to his phone to get the best out of it for him. the phone will be on pay as you go not contact,
i am looking to know is it worth me taking to the local phone shop to get it unlocked and jailbroke ( i think thats what you can have done ) and if i get this done is it safe to do to his phone.

i am also looking to know what is the best network for him tobe on for internet as he wants to play games so needs go cheap / free internet.

and the last thing what are the best apps and games for me to pre load for him.

sorry if i am asking alot here and thank you for any help you can give me.

its better if youll do it yourself, especially jaibreaking, its just easy, many videos in youtube can help you out. about unlocking, it depends to its baseband and ios version, if theres unlock available, but as you said, youve just bought it, expect it to be at its latest version. so there would be no unlock unless its network offers factory unlocking. Going to local phone shop for that is just a waste of money. Good luck.

hi guysi am looking for some advice please. i have just brought my son a used although only 2 weeks old iphone 4 32gig for his 15th birthday. i know nothing about these phones so i am looking for advice on what i should do to his phone to get the best out of it for him. the phone will be on pay as you go not contact,i am looking to know is it worth me taking to the local phone shop to get it unlocked and jailbroke ( i think thats what you can have done ) and if i get this done is it safe to do to his phone.i am also looking to know what is the best network for him tobe on for internet as he wants to play games so needs go cheap / free internet.
Unfortunately, in using an iPhone... there's no such thing (really) as cheap/free internet... in terms of 3G data. Also, the wireless provider you use vastly depends on what area you live in and what's available. As far as jailbreaking & unlocking goes... that's only necessary if you wish to use the iPhone on a provider OTHER than the one it's locked to. What are some of the wireless providers in your area that offer Pay as You go deals?

thank you for the replys guys they really helped me.
Thomasjtsi i live in birmingham so i have all the main providers orange, vodafne, o2, 3, and im sure there are many more as i am right in the middle of the city,

As far as unlocking goes... since the iPhone's only 2 weeks old... you might not have any options there. On the iPhone, go into Settings>General>About... and let us know what's next to "Modem Firmware." This will tell us whether or not this iPhone 4 is even unlockable.

sorry for the delay in getting back to you, pigging ISP killed my internet. anyway the modem firmware is 04.12.02.

thanks for the help.

Their are many free iPhone game apps are available on the Itune. Download cool game apps at your smartphone and make enjoy!

Hi SUT just saw that TMobile are doing a deal here in the UK for £21 unlimited everything sim only 12 month valid until 30 Sept. So you might want to unlock your phone.

thank you for the infomation guys,

I agree with zeneleven instead of bringing it to a shop you can jailbreak the phone by yourself, it is not hard as it seems for there are plenty of youtube videos that can help you get through with jailbreaking. As for the applications what are the kind of games your son wants to play? Why don't you jailbreak the phone with your son so that you can also install games and apps together at least he can tell you if he wants the game or app you are isntalling or not.