What's new

iPhone crashes randomly - battery issue?

banders

Reaction score
Hello, I just bought this second-hand iPhone which seems to work fine except that it randomly crashes when I use it and ends up with a black screen. If I press the on-button I get the Apple symbol but not much else happens, no matter how many times I restart it.
However, as soon as I plug the phone into the power, it is revived in less than a minute. I did some googling and similar problem indicates that this might be a battery issue? It would make sense that the battery of a second hand phone is not as good, but it is strange that the phone keeps going after revival, so is this problem known? Or can it be something else than battery?

I might add that I have an iPhone 3Gs, and when I plug in the power I get a "No battery" symbol but after a little while the phone restarts to the original battery-level at the crash.

Seems I'm having a similar problem with an iPhone 4 that is 6 months old. Keeping an eye on this thread.

Seems I'm having a similar problem with an iPhone 4 that is 6 months old. Keeping an eye on this thread.

Well, I did replace the battery and it crashes no more. Still not entirely happy with the battery life but that is another question.