What's new

iPhone crashed after iTunes update

mcseford

Reaction score
I upgraded my Mac to Lion last night. After Lion loads up there was an update for iTunes. My iPhone was plugged into the Mac. Bad news. The update crashed the iPhone and wiped out all my contacts, appointments, music, photo's and apps. We had a Microsoft moment. I was ticked off but accepted this. So Mac users that will upgrade to Lion, learn from my experience. Do not plug your iPod or iPad or iPhone into your Mac until all updates have finished.

Hoops. Sorry for what happened to you, and thanks for the info. What about the iPhone backup files? Aren't they present in your computer? Or your computer was formatted during the Lion upgrading?

Yes, after a few moments of despair at the thought of manually adding my contacts, iPhone asked me if I wanted to restore my device from backup. Boy was I happy. Everything was restored except my music because I manually sync my music. (The iPhone is 30 GB. iTunes has 90 GB of music). That wasn't a problem. It was time to refresh the music on the iPhone anyway. I am still in love with Apple.