What's new

iTunes Update

The iTunes symbol on my phone now is pink and purple with a white circle and white musical note. It no longer matches the symbol on my computer. The symbol on both the computer and the phone used to be red until this happened.

I've posted a link with the instructions for recovery mode in my last post. Here it is again. If your device is in recovery mode, which it seems to be, you won't be able to update it the usual way.
Here's the link again:
If you can t update or restore your iPhone iPad or iPod touch - Apple Support

The image on the site is not up to date, I suppose, since iTunes now has a different icon, what you see on your iPhone will reflect this fact.

What colour is the iTunes icon on your iphone? Does it have a white background or a pink & purple background???

iTunes on my iPhone has a pink and purple background. The new Music app on the iPhone has a white background. If it looks like that, you're already up to date.

Phew! Okay, I am up to date apparently. The iTunes Store icon is pink and purple and the the one on the bottom of the screen has a while background. However, on my computer, the iTunes icon looks like the photo you posted yesterday with a white background and pink, blue, and purple around the circle and in the musical notation. Earlier, the icon on my computer and the icon on my phone looked exactly the same. I have no idea why they are different now.

Maybe to better be able to distinguish between iTunes Store on the iDevice, and iTunes on the computer.