What's new

iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3194)

sanlen

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to restored my iPhone 4S to iOS 6.1.2. However, during restoration, i get this error "iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3194)"

Could you please advise what is the possible problem? I tried this with two different computers with the latest of iTune, but same problem occurred.

Your comment will be pretty much appreciated.

Thanks,
sanlen

Hi, I am trying to restored my iPhone 4S to iOS 6.1.2. However, during restoration, i get this error "iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3194)" Could you please advise what is the possible problem? I tried this with two different computers with the latest of iTune, but same problem occurred. Your comment will be pretty much appreciated. Thanks, sanlen
The problem is that you are trying to restore your iPhone 4S to a firmware that is no longer being signed by Apple. There is no way to selectively restore the iPhone 4S. The only iOS version you can restore to is the latest version, currently iOS 7.0.4.

This thread explains what can and can't be restored with the various iPhone models. http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...restore-my-iphone-x-xs-ios-x-x-x-y-y-y-56320/

Last edited:
Is this also affect on iPhone 4? I tried with my iPhone 4 and i get same error.

Is this also affect on iPhone 4? I tried with my iPhone 4 and i get same error.
Which iOS version is your iPhone 4 currently on? Do you have blobs for iOS 6.1.2? Without blobs you can't restore to an iOS version, check out what the link I added to my last post has to say about it.

I tried via usb 3.0 from two different computers and still didnt working. Any other suggestions? Please provide us.

I tried via usb 3.0 from two different computers and still didnt working. Any other suggestions? Please provide us.

The same questions apply to you: what iPhone are you trying to restore, what iOS version is it running right now and what version of iOS are you trying to put on that phone?

The answers to those questions will help us determine if we can help you or if you can't do what you want.

Marilyn