What's new

iPhone Contacts Sync Help

philhill42

Reaction score
I lost all my contacts on my iphone 4s when I deleted the mobileme account. I had iCloud but I guess backups weren't set up properly. I was able to ID about 49 contacts just through text messages and reentered their information. I have 214 contacts in my old iphone 4 that is inactive that I have been using as an ipod. I cannot figure out how to transfer the contacts on that phone to the other.

I have tried syncing both devices to iCloud and to my Mac through iTunes. I check the box that says sync all contacts. My new phone, iCloud and my Mac show the 49 contacts I manually entered. My old phone still shows the 214 contacts but none of those will show up in any of the other areas no matter how I try to sync them.

Any advice on how to transfer my contacts from the old phone to the new one?

If you are jailbroken, than Sim Manager from Cydia.
If not make an account on iDrive Lite. Rest is easy.

I wouldn't use iTunes sync. The reson it might not be working in your case is the fact that you have iCloud enabled on your second device. You cannot have more than one method of syncing/transferring contacts. Try using some third-party program as already suggested. Here is some additional insight: iPhone contacts sync, backup, and editing.