memac259

Reaction score
On my iphone 4s group screen it shows:

All Contacts

Live
All Live

iCloud
All icloud

Only the contacts showing under All icloud sync with icloud. No matter what I have tried, the contacts under All Live won't sync. I even got an app and put all contacts into a group, but the same contacts (the ones originally under All Live) still won't sync to icloud. Any suggestions?

Save all your live contacts to your iPhone, then iCloud will sync up all your iPhone contacts.
To save all you live contacts to your iPhone contact, go to settings> mails, contacts, calendars/ select you live account and turn contacts OFF, the iPhone will ask you to know if you want to save those contacts to your iPhone or if you want to remove them from your iPhone, select keep or merge and next open your contact app and the new merged contacts will be sync with your iCloud.

Thanks for the response but when I turn the contacts off on the live account it only gives me the option to delete the contacts, not save or merge.

Well then it seems like Apple doesn't love windows at all :)
I don't have msn contacts so I can't try it my self, but I've merged all my google and yahoo contacts that way. And finally sync everything to iCloud. It's weird that msn is no go.
Use the web browser to sync your msn contacts to your gmail account, if you don't have a gmail account then create one. Set up your new gmail account on your iPhone, enable contacts and let them load up into your contact app, when finished, turn off your gmail contacts and you will get the option to merge them.