What's new

iPhone car adapters

choPppps

Reaction score
Hi

Is there a car adapter that uses the dock connector for both power and audio? I want one that has an aux out directly from the car adapter so I don't have to use the 1\8" headphone port for anything related to audio.

Check a website called cablejive.com. If you're lucky enough to have a frys electronics near you, they have that kind of cable...XtremeMac brand.

Thx for the reply,, it's not quite what I am looking for.

I want a car dock that charges, docks and also has 3.5mm out for aux built into the unit. I would like to use it for music, phone calls, gps etc. without having to go through FM, Bluetooth or out the 3.5mm port on the iPhone. Basically I want to be able to dock an go in one step in the car.

Anyone know if this device has an actual true line out,,, I'm reading conflicting reviews on the product and whether or not you have to use the iPhones built in 3.5mm port.

Belkin TuneBase Direct with Hands-Free F8Z442

That looks better than the first and the cables included in this one which is a bonus. Does look like you have to use your phone 3.5 jack too though, which in my opinion is alright.

iHolophyte

I have a Pioneer 4150 headunit and it is already iphone ready. I connect my iphone to the headunit using the usb cable. Now my iphone can charge and sync music to my headunit which I can control with the headunits remote. Hope this helps somehow

I use a Kenssington two in one car charger with AUX audio cable. Works great! You can find it on Amazon.com.

Attachments

• $image-2457988084.jpg
    $image-2457988084.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 295
Luvnmyiphone said:
I use a Kenssington two in one car charger with AUX audio cable. Works great! You can find it on Amazon.com.

The problem with aux input for audio is that it is prone to static.

do you have a newer car? i have something called an iSimple gateway in my car and it uses a 30 pin cable to charge and uses that same cable to send audio directly to my cars radio. It shows the artist name and song right on the radio and im able to control my 4s using my steering wheel controls or the radio itself.

if you look at the website the prices are over 100 for the unit but i was able to get mine off amazon for under 40 bucks.

just google isimple and its the 1st one that comes up.

do you have a newer car? i have something called an iSimple gateway in my car and it uses a 30 pin cable to charge and uses that same cable to send audio directly to my cars radio. It shows the artist name and song right on the radio and im able to control my 4s using my steering wheel controls or the radio itself.

if you look at the website the prices are over 100 for the unit but i was able to get mine off amazon for under 40 bucks.

just google isimple and its the 1st one that comes up.

Looks interesting, I don't think will work for our car though but thanks