What's new

iphone 4 bluetooth streaming

richie1309

Reaction score
Hi All,

Thinking of buying a iphone 4 (not 4s) its second hand off a mate at resonable price, first question is there a turn by turn voice sat nav app available for free or for a one off charge i.e. no monthly subscription?
Second question regarding bluetooth streaming, the phone i have at the moment allows me to control the different audios and set which are streamed over bluetooth i.e. when i connect it to my car phone calls are automaticly routed to the car and audio is paused during a call regardless of source (phone mp3 BT streaming/usb/cd/radio or aux), if im streaming MP3's over bluetooth then my sat nav turn-by-turn voice directions are played via the car (mp3 pauses temporaily during voice direction), if im playing a cd or listening to the radio calls are still routed though my car but the voice guidence on my sat nav is via the phones internal speaker. Is it possible to do this with an iphone 4 (not 4s)?
i.e.
handsfree, pauses/interupts all audio during call regardless of source (phone mp3 BT streaming/usb/cd/radio or aux).
if playing mp3 via bluetooth sat nav voice guidence instructions pauses/interupts the mp3 and audio is via car speakers after the instrution mp3 continues to play.
if radio/CD being played either sat nav voice guidence instructions pauses/interupts the CD/radio and plays via the car speakers (simular to a call) or voice guidence instrutions play via the phones inbuilt speaker without pausing/interupting the car audio (simular to my current phone) despite phone still being connected to the car with bluetooth and call audio being routed to the car?

if it is possible great if not i guess i would just have to listen to mp3 audio when using sat nav or not have voice guidence from the sat nav???

Thanks for any help

Richie