What's new

iphone become slow

raju_f7

Reaction score
Hi,
i have iphone 3s 8 gb memory. But now it is showing only 4.96 gb free of 6.20 gb. I have only some photos and videos in it which is only 468 MB. The iphone became very slow when i give it any command particularly to capture e photo or browse a website.

Hi,
i have iphone 3s 8 gb memory. But now it is showing only 4.96 gb free of 6.20 gb. I have only some photos and videos in it which is only 468 MB. The iphone became very slow when i give it any command particularly to capture e photo or browse a website.
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure? | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.

Hi,

as you fill up the space on your iphone the phone will become slower and especially the 3GS since its a pretty old device now, delete some stuff.

the iphone is by default partitioned so that is why you dont see all the 8GB's..

raju_f7 said:
Hi,

Perhaps you should restore in iTunes.

Setup as new device.

Plug iPhone into iTunes.

Right click on devices name.

Click "Transfer Purchases".

After that is done click the restore button and wait for the device to restore.

After restore...setup as new...or restore from an older backup.

Tho...it is advised that a restore be your last resort.

Do as Pois0nIvy said and delete some things.

Hard reboot a couple times (hold both home and sleep/power button simultaneously for 10-15 seconds).

I would try whatever you can before restoring.

Last edited:
Chris951 said:
And the fact that hardware companies like to make 1gb=1,000mb..

Sent from my iPhone 4

Huh?........

Chris951 said:
Ever wondered why all hard drives show less space than what they're advertised as? It's because the companies that make them go by 1gb = 1,000mb instead of 1,024mb.

Sent from my iPhone 4

Also because not all of the space advertised is actually useable. That's y my phone only says 14gb nt 16gb, and my iPad says 28 not 32

Also because not all of the space advertised is actually useable. That's y my phone only says 14gb nt 16gb, and my iPad says 28 not 32

If you refer back to my first post, I was just adding on to what you said.

Sent from my iPhone 4