What's new

iPhone 8 Set to Cost “Around $999” According to The New York Times

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone 8 set to cost 999 dollars.JPG

9to5 Mac reports that according to The New York Times, it has heard from sources “briefed on the product,” that the “premium model,” which is most likely the OLED iPhone 8, will cost “around $999.” The same sources also confirmed that the phone will use facial recognition to unlock the phone, and that it will also possess “the ability to charge it with magnetic induction.”

While $999 is still expensive, even for an iPhone, it’s thankfully not as expensive as the previously rumoured figures of between $1100 and $1500. It’s most likely that $999 will be for the entry-level 64GB storage option, with the 512GB version being the top-of-the-range model. With Apple usually charging $100 more for each storage bump, it could be that the most expensive iPhone 8 model will be around $1,200. Currently, the most expensive iPhone that it is possible to buy is the 256GB iPhone 7 Plus, which costs $969.

Meanwhile, yet more images of supposed iPhone 7s components leaked today, via Benjamin Geskin, who has posted what he claims are logic boards for the new phone.

Sources: Apple to price iPhone 8 ‘around $999’, according to NYT

Dear iPhone: Here’s Why We’re Still Together After 10 Years

Wow, it's still amazes me that Apple is able to raise the price of the phone from previous generations. Almost anything else tech related has always dropped in price over the years (computers, drones, printers, etc, etc)

I'm still going to buy one though :)

Wow, it's still amazes me that Apple is able to raise the price of the phone from previous generations. Almost anything else tech related has always dropped in price over the years (computers, drones, printers, etc, etc)

I'm still going to buy one though :)
Which storage size?