What's new

iPhone 8 is rapid

Tristan

Reaction score
Just bought the new iPhone 8, and it’s a lot better than the iPhone 7, faster downloads, better camera, battery lasts longer and that’s odd because it’s a smaller battery than the iPhone 7, and overall it’s well worth the money, the only negative is the glass back,

What was the reason Apple brought back glass on both sides? Was it cost? Was it durability? My 8 plus feels a bit heavier than my wife’s 6 plus, so I wouldn’t think it was meant for weight savings lol.

What was the reason Apple brought back glass on both sides? Was it cost? Was it durability? My 8 plus feels a bit heavier than my wife’s 6 plus, so I wouldn’t think it was meant for weight savings lol.
The glass back was used because of the wireless charging capability. The charging won’t work with a metal back, the signal would be blocked.

And also if you need to replace the back glass it will cos a small fortune, because of the way the iPhone 8 is assembled

I may get the 10 for the speed and the screen, I already have wireless charging with my 7 Plus

The glass back was used because of the wireless charging capability. The charging won’t work with a metal back, the signal would be blocked.

Lol, I didn't even think of that. Definitely makes sense now.

I like a little heavier feel, same reason I love my PRS and my past Les Paul's, just makes it feel real to me.