What's new

iPhone 8, CarPlay & Bluetooth

Ian Henderson

Reaction score
I’ve noticed that every time I plug my phone into my car’s USB socket to use CarPlay with the car’s built-in entertainment system, the Bluetooth switches itself on even though I don’t want to use it. This means that I either need to remember to switch it back off again, or accept that my phone’s battery will drain quicker.

For info, I almost never have the Bluetooth disabled, preferring to switch it off and on using the Control Centre.

I've got CarPlay and it never switches on my Bluetooth, bit strange that.

CarPlay connects via the USB port. You shouldn’t need BlueTooth, so you can simply switch it off, but from the main Settings on the phone - not the Control Centre.

CarPlay connects via the USB port. You shouldn’t need BlueTooth, so you can simply switch it off, but from the main Settings on the phone - not the Control Centre.
Some cars support wireless CarPlay.

that’s right. The issue I have is that even with Bluetooth not switched on (either switched off via the control centre or disabled via the main
Settings), it still engages Bluetooth and the constant reboot starts.

In Settings -General - Car Play it gives the option of USB only...
Try enabling that setting and see if that fixes it.

Last edited: