What's new

iPhone 7 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't an issue with my phone. It's the way it's made. My phone works flawlessly. But I do see the black portion of the receiver speaker that is being spoken about being black and about 1/3 of the right portion of this small opening is a shiny color compared to the left part of it. Don't have a way to take a photo and post it as I am using the phone to write this post with LOL! But I promise you that there is nothing wrong with my phone!!! Hope this resolves the matter. It's made that way and isn't an issue. Just my observation.

I haven't an issue with my phone. It's the way it's made. My phone works flawlessly. But I do see the black portion of the receiver speaker that is being spoken about being black and about 1/3 of the right portion of this small opening is a shiny color compared to the left part of it. Don't have a way to take a photo and post it as I am using the phone to write this post with LOL! But I promise you that there is nothing wrong with my phone!!! Hope this resolves the matter. It's made that way and isn't an issue. Just my observation.
When you shine light to it for it's annoying when I go out for walk and the sun shine inside the ear speaker grill causing it to shine. Some of my iPhone 7 replacements had that issue and some didn't I posted this here since no one online did yet or complained about. Not sure what Apple can do for me

If that little speaker grille is giving you such an issue, IDK what to say to that. Mine doesn't seem to bother me one bit. In the sun or shade. And yes I live where it's sunny LOL. State of FL. But at any rate, I think this is a personal issue and not one with the phone itself. Mine has no effect on the operation of the phone. It's so small that it can't catch that much light to reflect a large spot IMO. But we all have them, opinions, that is. But to say that the phone has an issue because of this is not correct, as it doesn't affect, in any way, shape, or form, that the phone works. Sorry if I seems blunt, but it's just being honest. I think you may be over reacting to this small area of the phone, but like I said, it's a matter of opinion and not functionally. Good day.

If that little speaker grille is giving you such an issue, IDK what to say to that. Mine doesn't seem to bother me one bit. In the sun or shade. And yes I live where it's sunny LOL. State of FL. But at any rate, I think this is a personal issue and not one with the phone itself. Mine has no effect on the operation of the phone. It's so small that it can't catch that much light to reflect a large spot IMO. But we all have them, opinions, that is. But to say that the phone has an issue because of this is not correct, as it doesn't affect, in any way, shape, or form, that the phone works. Sorry if I seems blunt, but it's just being honest. I think you may be over reacting to this small area of the phone, but like I said, it's a matter of opinion and not functionally. Good day.
My phone works fine but Apple Store done tell me anything if it's normal or not the try to clean it but it's stuck there

If the speaker is operating normally and you try anything yourself to remove the shiny area you could permanently damage the earpiece speaker on your iPhone and will certainly void any remaining warranty.
It's entirely possible that this part was made by more than one supplier and the parts could be differently reflective.

If the speaker is operating normally and you try anything yourself to remove the shiny area you could permanently damage the earpiece speaker on your iPhone and will certainly void any remaining warranty.
It's entirely possible that this part was made by more than one supplier and the parts could be differently reflective.
Strange that Apple Store don't tell me if it's normal or not

Strange that Apple Store don't tell me if it's normal or not
If it would have affected the operation of the iPhone, the Genius Bar would have been able to tell. Employees in an Apple Store would not necessarily know about possible minor production variations that didn’t cause any abnormal operation.

I skimmed through this LAMP.

Am I wrong that this seriously a discussion about the shiny part of a speaker grill that has absolutely nothing to do with the functionality or performance of the phone?

I'm ready to rip my hair out if that's the case.

I skimmed through this LAMP.

Am I wrong that this seriously a discussion about the shiny part of a speaker grill that has absolutely nothing to do with the functionality or performance of the phone?

I'm ready to rip my hair out if that's the case.
Your assumption is not wrong.

Apple Store said it was normal it was the mic inside the speaker gril that shines the genius tech said it was not a defect he saw the same issue on my phone when he shined a flash light depends on the iPhone 7 manufacturer

Status
Not open for further replies.