What's new

iPhone 7 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrat1996

Reaction score
I got my iPhone 7 replaced pervious one had same issue the ear speaker the one near the front facing camera when I shine light to it there something shinny that shines not sure if it normal ??

Apple support told me it was not sure if what they told me is genuine.

Attachments

• IMG_0410.JPG
    IMG_0410.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 801
  • IMG_0411.PNG
    IMG_0411.PNG
    933.6 KB · Views: 811
My iPhone 7 doesn't have this, sorry not a good photo l was holding 2 things trying to take this.

IMG_0709.JPG

Through a magnifying lens

Yes it's normal. You are seeing the grille cover for the receiver speaker that you listen to phone calls through. On my iPhone 7 plus you can see part of this area as being shiny I suppose and the other part of it being a black color. Is that what you are speaking of?? If so it's completely normal. Mine looks just like yours. May be just die or the way the phone is actually made. But my phone has the same appearance as what you seem to be speaking of. And nothing is wrong with my phone that I know of. Hope this helps.

Yes it's normal. You are seeing the grille cover for the receiver speaker that you listen to phone calls through. On my iPhone 7 plus you can see part of this area as being shiny I suppose and the other part of it being a black color. Is that what you are speaking of?? If so it's completely normal. Mine looks just like yours. May be just die or the way the phone is actually made. But my phone has the same appearance as what you seem to be speaking of. And nothing is wrong with my phone that I know of. Hope this helps.
You shined yours in light and it shows same result as photo of mine and it's inside the ear speaker grill it shows shinny when I shine light to it

Yep mine shows the shiny speaker grill. It's the right side part of it looking at the front of the phone. There is nothing wrong with your phone. And yes it's the speaker grille for the receiver speaker on the front top of the phone. It's normal man. No worries about it here. My phone works just fine!!

Yep mine shows the shiny speaker grill. It's the right side part of it looking at the front of the phone. There is nothing wrong with your phone. And yes it's the speaker grille for the receiver speaker on the front top of the phone. It's normal man. No worries about it here. My phone works just fine!!
Does it shine when you put light in it and why some of my replacements didn't show this at all

Maybe the speaker parts on those iPhone models aren’t shiny and so don’t show up when you shine a light in the speaker grill.
other iphone 7 don't do this does it depend on color

other iphone 7 don't do this does it depend on color
The internal components of an iPhone would be the same no matter what colour the case was. It’s possible that light may penetrate differently on a white screen bezel compared to a black bezel but I haven’t seen any data to support this.

Maybe the speaker parts on those iPhone models aren’t shiny and so don’t show up when you shine a light in the speaker grill.
The person who posted photo of white iPhone has no issue the other person and me who has black screen have the issue strange

Status
Not open for further replies.