What's new

iPhone 7 Battery Replacement

DallasFan

Reaction score
The battery was growing weak on my iPhone 7.

It was a victim of the battery issues that plagued iPhones last year.

I called Apple Care and after running an online test, they said that something was causing it to draw too much power.

Apple said that they would subsidize a new replacement until 31 December of this year.

I did not want to wait much later because I felt that:

(A) I needed to get it done and
(B) the closer I got to 31 December, the tougher it would be to get it done.

I made an appointment with the local Apple Store on Monday. I had a doctor's appointment Monday morning and I thought that I would swing by at 10AM when they opened and get it replaced real quick. I got there at 0950, ten minutes prior to opening.

WOW! There must have been 30-40 people standing in line outside the door before it opened. My first impression was that they were there to buy one of the new phones that was released last week.

I found a supervisor at the front of the line and he said it was normal. He said 90 percent were there for repair issues or something not related to the new phones.

I had no idea that they were that busy. No wonder they never answer their phone and it rolls over to the call center.

So........I left.

I called Apple again and they said there was another place, an independent repair center; that was authorized to replace them. It was 4 miles from home. I walked in during lunch Thursday, I ate lunch next door and when I finished 30 minutes later, the battery was replaced. For $29.99.

It was pain free and the new battery has breathed new life in the phone.

Previously, if the battery was charged to 100%, it would decline to 20% within 5,6 hours.

I charged it to 100% tonight and 4.5 hours later it is still at 100%. .

If you have a phone that is eligible for the new battery and you have not replaced it yet, make arrangements to get it done. It is only going to become more difficult as we get closer to the end of the year.

You will be glad you did.

Next time you have to go to an Apple Store about a service issue you can make a Genius Bar appointment and not waste time waiting in line.

Next time you have to go to an Apple Store about a service issue you can make a Genius Bar appointment and not waste time waiting in line.

I had no idea that the lines were that long.
I thought that if I walked in at opening time on a Monday morning everything would be fine.

I can understand the lines being that long on a Saturday or a holiday, but I never expected it on a Monday morning.

I was wrong.

I had no idea that the lines were that long.
I thought that if I walked in at opening time on a Monday morning everything would be fine.

I can understand the lines being that long on a Saturday or a holiday, but I never expected it on a Monday morning.

I was wrong.
If you’re the first person through the door when the store opens, head straight for the staff member who handles Genius Bar appointments. He’ll be standing with an iPad near the front of the Genius Bar. If you’re the first one to talk to him you’ll get an immediate appointment as there are a number of spots reserved for walk ins throughout the day. I did that to get the camera on my iPhone replaced under an Apple recall. BTW, I was waiting for about 45 minutes before the store opened. I had to do it this way as all available advance reservations were booked up for the next several days and I was returning home the next day.

If you’re the first person through the door when the store opens, head straight for the staff member who handles Genius Bar appointments. He’ll be standing with an iPad near the front of the Genius Bar. If you’re the first one to talk to him you’ll get an immediate appointment as there are a number of spots reserved for walk ins throughout the day. I did that to get the camera on my iPhone replaced under an Apple recall. BTW, I was waiting for about 45 minutes before the store opened. I had to do it this way as all available advance reservations were booked up for the next several days and I was returning home the next day.

Thanks