What's new

Replacing iPhone 4 battery

Bacchus

Reaction score
If, even after watching a video on the subject, you weren't comfortable trying to replace the battery in your iPhone 4 where would you take it to have it done? Your telephone provider? An electronics repair shop? Any suggestions? Thanks....

Thanks very much, J.A. I'm sure my phone is long out of warranty but your point is well taken. Since there's no Apple store or service center anywhere near where I live, and based on prices quoted on the page you directed me to I guess I'll just continue to limp along for another while before opting for a new phone. I can't complain. This one has served me well and, like me, it's just getting old.... LoL

You're welcome. :)

Should you ever think of purchasing a new iPhone, Apple can recycle the old device for you, or, if possible, give you a gift card which you could use for a new one: Apple Recycling Program

And again I thank you. That's worthwhile information. I appreciate it and will keep it in mind.

Very easy fix.. Bottom two screws, slide back cover off. Then the battery either has 1 or 2 screws in the metal plate. Remove them. There will be a ground clip that is there but it comes off with the screw(s). Then pop the battery out. There is sticky tape under the battery by the way..