What's new

iphone 7 back camera problem

teeskay

Reaction score
Hi all,
my iphone 7 fell face flat down from pocket height earlier today, screen protector cracked a bit, albeit everything else was fine, i wanted to take a picture and opened the back camera and discovered that the whole camera had turned green, like there was a green overlay to it, with millions of thick purple bars/lines, sort of like what happens when you dont connect a vga monitor into the port properly. the camera still works, focusses and takes pictures well. now i wana ask, could it be that the flex just shifted? or the camera itself is damaged, and how do i go about fixing the problm

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is a 7 it may (should) still be under a year old. Sounds like the hardware (camera) is damaged. You should take it to an Apple Store to have it checked out.

Hi all,
my iphone 7 fell face flat down from pocket height earlier today, screen protector cracked a bit, albeit everything else was fine, i wanted to take a picture and opened the back camera and discovered that the whole camera had turned green, like there was a green overlay to it, with millions of thick purple bars/lines, sort of like what happens when you dont connect a vga monitor into the port properly. the camera still works, focusses and takes pictures well. now i wana ask, could it be that the flex just shifted? or the camera itself is damaged, and how do i go about fixing the problm

If it is a 7 it may (should) still be under a year old. Sounds like the hardware (camera) is damaged. You should take it to an Apple Store to have it checked out.
If the problem is just a loose connector they may be able to fix it while you wait.