What's new

iphone 7 back camera problem

teeskay

Reaction score
Hi all,
my iphone 7 fell face flat down from pocket height earlier today, screen protector cracked a bit, albeit everything else was fine, i wanted to take a picture and opened the back camera and discovered that the whole camera had turned green, like there was a green overlay to it, with millions of thick purple bars/lines, sort of like what happens when you dont connect a vga monitor into the port properly. the camera still works, focusses and takes pictures well. now i wana ask, could it be that the flex just shifted? or the camera itself is damaged, and how do i go about fixing the problm

Last edited by a moderator:

zstairlessone

Reaction score
If it is a 7 it may (should) still be under a year old. Sounds like the hardware (camera) is damaged. You should take it to an Apple Store to have it checked out.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,
my iphone 7 fell face flat down from pocket height earlier today, screen protector cracked a bit, albeit everything else was fine, i wanted to take a picture and opened the back camera and discovered that the whole camera had turned green, like there was a green overlay to it, with millions of thick purple bars/lines, sort of like what happens when you dont connect a vga monitor into the port properly. the camera still works, focusses and takes pictures well. now i wana ask, could it be that the flex just shifted? or the camera itself is damaged, and how do i go about fixing the problm

If it is a 7 it may (should) still be under a year old. Sounds like the hardware (camera) is damaged. You should take it to an Apple Store to have it checked out.
If the problem is just a loose connector they may be able to fix it while you wait.