What's new

iphone 6 update issue: help

ajay sharma

Reaction score
I have one iphone 6. I try to update iphone with itune by putting it in recovery mode. I have firmware 9.2.1 on my computer so i used manual method for update. Itune started update process. It updating normally and approximately after few time iphone rboot and itune back in normal mode but phone after reboot stuck on apple logi with white background. And when i again switch off and switch on it go directly in recovery mod. Kindly help to resolve this as i m not having restore image so update is only option.

But itune come out from update process and show only normal itune screen

That's happening during the update. iTunes will return to it's usual screen, without showing the iPhone. You'll have to wait until the iPhone appears in iTunes again. Before this happens, the Apple logo will be visible on your device, and a progress bar will appear, and when the bar has finished loading, the iDevice will be up to date and ready to use again.

If this doesn't happen, use the instructions in the link of my first reply, to put the iPhone into recovery mode.

That's happening during the update. iTunes will return to it's usual screen, without showing the iPhone. You'll have to wait until the iPhone appears in iTunes again. Before this happens, the Apple logo will be visible on your device, and a progress bar will appear, and when the bar has finished loading, the iDevice will be up to date and ready to use again.

If this doesn't happen, use the instructions in the link of my first reply, to put the iPhone into recovery mode.

Yes now it is working perfectly. I used faster INTERNET for this and now it is fine.
Thanks for kind support.

One more question, as my seller changed the touch id so it is possible to add new touch id with my phone as it is not have original touch id.

You're welcome.

The latest update to iOS 9.2.1, which was only available via iTunes, solved an issue with an error because of the Touch ID. If you're referring to this: yes, it's possible after the update to change the button yourself, without getting stuck afterwards.

You're welcome.

The latest update to iOS 9.2.1, which was only available via iTunes, solved an issue with an error because of the Touch ID. If you're referring to this: yes, it's possible after the update to change the button yourself, without getting stuck afterwards.

No. i already updated for latest update iPhone7,2_9.2.1_13D20_Restore.ipsw by downloading file from Net.
but my question is as touch id replaced so is it possible to reprogram touch id as presently home button working but touch id not working ( as it is new home button, not having original home button cable)

Meaning you can't add a fingerprint in settings?

In that case:
You can't reprogram the Home button to enable Touch ID.

No. i already updated for latest update iPhone7,2_9.2.1_13D20_Restore.ipsw by downloading file from Net.
but my question is as touch id replaced so is it possible to reprogram touch id as presently home button working but touch id not working ( as it is new home button, not having original home button cable)
If the home button was replaced by anybody other than Apple or an Apple authorized service centre, Touch ID and Apple Pay will no longer work. The only fix is to have Apple replace the home button/Touch ID sensor.