What's new

IPhone 6 priced in Brazil

luis.nervo

Reaction score
I live in Brazil and the prices of the iPhone are really really high. I want a big screen phone, so I need the iPhone Plus, and since it does not have memory card slot, i need, at least the 64Gb version. I will list the prices of a few flagship smartphones here, in reais (R$) and dollars (US$) for comparison:

iPhone 6 Plus 64Gb
R$ 3.999,00
US$ 1.599,60

Galaxy Note 4
R$ 2.899,00
US$ 1.159,60

Moto Maxx (Droid Turbo here in Brazil)
R$ 2.199,00
US$ 879,60

LG G3
R$ 2.099,00
US$ 839,60

Moto X
R$ 1.500,00
US$ 600,00

These are the official prices. I can find the LG G3 costing R$ 1,500,00, US$ 600,00. and the Note 4 costing 2.550,00, US$ 1020,00.

I really like the iPhone, I have an iPhone 4 and need to upgrade. I own a MacBook Pro, Time Capsule and Apple TV. My wife has an iPhone 5, and I’d really like to stay in the Apple “ecosystem”.

Dou you people think the 6 Plus is worth the price here in Brazil? I can buy 2 LG G3 e still keep U$ 399,00 in my pocket?
I’d really like to hear some opinions.

Know anybody making a trip to the usa. I've met many euros who when i talk with them make a beeline to the nearest apple store

iPhone 6+'s are still hard to get in ANY Estados Unidos Apple store. They are sold on a first come/first serve basis. And the only phone you can buy is the un-locked T-Mobile version which is even in shorter supply. I was lucky enough to get my Verizon Wireless one last October, but just lucked out by going into the store and just asking what they have in stock. I was flexible though in my choice(64 or 128 GB Silver or Space Grey). Carrier based phones(Sprint, AT&T, Verizon) are only sold to customers that are currently with one of those carriers. All you can to is just keep checking. Good Luck.
P.S. For those of you reading this that own an AT@T or Verizon iphone, they are unlocked as well. Sprint customers are totally screwed..... :(
I'm currently test driving the "Un Carrier". Rather digg' n the WiFi calling feature.

Last edited: