What's new

iPhone 6 Plus not turning on after repair

URLZONIX

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have had the touch IC flicker on the top of my iPhone 6 Plus for a while now. I have gotten away with placing a piece of tin foil under the metal guard which houses what I believe is the graphics unit, at the top right corner of the phone circuit board.

Today the flicker issue re-emerged, as it does from time to due to the tin foil becoming compressing and not making contact with the back of the screen board, causing it to become unresponsive.

I opened the phone up while it was still on (done it many times before with no problem), it had about 10% battery, proceeded to remove the metal guard cap and replace it with a thicker tin foil. After closing it up it does NOT turn on anymore. I have tried force restart, re-attaching the touch screen & camera connector cables but nothing so far. Any ideas on what might caused it or a fix? Also, any chance it can still be backed up although it does not turn on?
Greatly appreciated! Thanks !

Hey all,

I have had the touch IC flicker on the top of my iPhone 6 Plus for a while now. I have gotten away with placing a piece of tin foil under the metal guard which houses what I believe is the graphics unit, at the top right corner of the phone circuit board.

Today the flicker issue re-emerged, as it does from time to due to the tin foil becoming compressing and not making contact with the back of the screen board, causing it to become unresponsive.

I opened the phone up while it was still on (done it many times before with no problem), it had about 10% battery, proceeded to remove the metal guard cap and replace it with a thicker tin foil. After closing it up it does NOT turn on anymore. I have tried force restart, re-attaching the touch screen & camera connector cables but nothing so far. Any ideas on what might caused it or a fix? Also, any chance it can still be backed up although it does not turn on?
Greatly appreciated! Thanks !
Your iPhone suffers from what's been called touch disease. This is caused by the solder connections of the Touch IC chip becoming disconnected from the logic board. The only way to fix it permanently is to re-solder the Touch IC chip to the logic board. If your iPhone won't turn on it can't be backed up. Do you have a backup made before your iPhone became unresponsive?

Thanks for your reply Scifan57. Unfortunately I did not back up my iPhone 6 Plus before the repair. I am now looking for ways to at least get the phone back on, even if it requires buying/replacing parts, in order to turn on and back it up.

Thanks for your reply Scifan57. Unfortunately I did not back up my iPhone 6 Plus before the repair. I am now looking for ways to at least get the phone back on, even if it requires buying/replacing parts, in order to turn on and back it up.
You may have to pay someone qualified in board level repairs to replace the TouchIC chip.