What's new

iPhone 6 not charging well

xrayeyes

Reaction score
I gave my husband my old iPhone 6 last year after I got my 8. He's pretty rough on things, works outside. He's had trouble charging it and from what I can tell it's the port on the phone. It doesn't make that nice "click" when the lightening adapter is engaged in the port.

I've tried compressed air, a soft toothbrush, and a toothpick. Is there anything more I can to do clean it out? It's really getting aggravating...mainly because he's aggravating ME! LOL!

I do have a battery replacement on order to get his replaced at the Apple store, but they are telling me it will be several weeks. I do plan to have them take a look at it then if no one has other advice for me.

Argghh...I just got a call on his phone and the earpiece doesn't work well at all. He's been complaining about that, but I forgot. Maybe I just need to get him a new phone.

Sounds like it’s time for a new phone. And also a good case for it as well!!

I was actually just looking at the Verizon website and the Apple repair website and coming to the same conclusion. This is a business phone and he can get a upgrade on one of the other lines on the acct. Even a 6s is only $30 with a one year contract. It's a no brainer after what I'm seeing. The tough part will be that he hates to get rid of stuff and get new. Hates it! LOL!

Ha! Likes to keep the slippers until they are toast kinda guy!