What's new

iPhone 6 - Dead?

modster

Reaction score
Hi,

my iPhone 6 just died. I did a soft and hard reset but with no luck. :(

Before it died, the charger would light up (red - verizon charger) when I plug into my iPhone 6. But now when I plug it in it does not light up.

I research and couple of people said that it is the software along with IC logic chip that determine to charge or not.

I replaced a new iPhone battery but it would not turn on.

I don't know if it is the lighting charging port or not. But I ordered on on ebay. Before I go and replace this port, is there any way I can tell if it actually the charging port that is bad?

any advise would be greatly appreciative!

Thanks

Do you have a genuine apple charger to test with this iPhone? Your post mentioned that you were using a third party charger(Verizon). Unauthorized third party charging cables lack the authentication chip and can stop working at any time. Does iTunes on your computer recognize the iPhone when you connect it?

It would take diagnostic equipment to determine if the charging port or any other part is defective. Before you go changing any more parts on your iPhone, you may want to take it in for a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store. They have the diagnostic equipment to see exactly what's wrong with your iPhone. BTW, if Apple discovers that you replaced the battery, they'll refuse to look at it.

I purchased the verizon charger from Verizon store when I purchased my iphone 6. Verizon told me that the charge is certified to work with my iPhone. I have been using this charger for a while and everyone in my family has used too. It just one day my iPhone just died.

I just hooked up the new battery without removing the original battery. So the original battery is still intact just like it came from factory.

So Apple store can tell me what's wrong with my iphone even though it doesn't power up?

They have test equipment to check out your iPhone in addition to opening the iPhone to look for any defective parts. If the problem is software related they'll normally fix it for free. If there's a hardware problem, they'll tell you what's wrong and the price they charge for the repair.

The Apple Store can definitely diagnose what is going on with your phone and give you an idea of what it would take to fix it. But first, there are a few easy things you can do to make sure its not your charging port. The first big one is cleaning! You'd be surprised how much blocked up lint you can pull out with the end of a paperclip.

The Apple Store can definitely diagnose what is going on with your phone and give you an idea of what it would take to fix it. But first, there are a few easy things you can do to make sure its not your charging port. The first big one is cleaning! You'd be surprised how much blocked up lint you can pull out with the end of a paperclip.

And you'll be surprised at how easy it is to totally screw up the charging port, with a metal paper clip. I'm no expert but that is not a way that l would recommend. My friend
Give it to Apple or try some other method. But if Apple see that you have been poking around in there you are on your own.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Just seen the date, of OP the guy has not come with feedback, so why are we posting ?

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.