What's new

iPhone 5s Sprint phone.

jimbob07734

Reaction score
I am wanting to get a Sprint iPhone 5s because they seem to be more versatile. Am I correct in my thinking that once I finish my Sprint contract I can have it unlocked and then use it on any carrier in the U.S., GSM or CDMA?
I have LTE in my area now and where I am moving to and it will work out perfect for me. But I want to be able to change carriers if I need to.
Am I right about this?
Also, is the Verizon model going to be unlocked again like the 4s was? And can I buy it from Apple, I hate Verizon so much.
Thanks

Last edited:
This is what I have found so far:
In terms of absolute best picks, the Sprint model is the best for the Americas and Japan, as it supports the most bands and offers nearly complete portability across the Americas, Europe, Africa, and Asia. However, whether it is truly usable in that way depends entirely on whether or not it is possible to obtain an unlocked version of that model. The unlocked model that Apple plans to sell is the one for T-Mobile/AT&T/Verizon, model A1533/A1532. If it is possible to get the Sprint model unlocked for use with any operator, then that is the one to get. It has the broadest range of network support of any operator’s iPhone models.

So I guess it all depends on whether Sprint will unlock your phone when the contract is paid off.

This is what I need to know too. I'm currently on Verizon but would like to purchase at full price an unlocked phone from Apple that can be changed to other carriers ie. T mo etc. So does anyone know for sure if the phones are made with both GSM & CDMA capability?

tap’d from my S3 Synergy b484

I'm not getting any response here. I guess the phones are too new and no one knows.
I tried asking the woman at my Sprint store and she acted like it was illegal, said I would have to ask some of the smaller off brand stores that do it. She didn't think it was something Sprint would ever get involved in.
I know last years Verizon iphone 5 will do what you want, it's this year's models I need to know about.