What's new

iPhone 5S Flash Problem

pagerbob

Reaction score
I just upgraded from an iPhone 4 and when I take a picture in low light or when I select the flash to the "ON" position the flash does not go on. When I use a third party app like ProCamera the flash works. The flashlight works as well. I chatted with Apple online and the person advised me to restore the phone. Even though I was reluctant because of the time it takes to get my apps set up & positioned in folders, I went ahead & did the restore. This resulted in no change and the flash still does not work when I switch it to the on position.

I am leaving the country on Jan.1st and would really like to get this resolved before I leave. If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

I just upgraded from an iPhone 4 and when I take a picture in low light or when I select the flash to the "ON" position the flash does not go on. When I use a third party app like ProCamera the flash works. The flashlight works as well. I chatted with Apple online and the person advised me to restore the phone. Even though I was reluctant because of the time it takes to get my apps set up & positioned in folders, I went ahead & did the restore. This resulted in no change and the flash still does not work when I switch it to the on position. I am leaving the country on Jan.1st and would really like to get this resolved before I leave. If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!
If a restore did not work, then you should return the phone for one that works. Your warranty should cover it. It sounds like a hardware defect. Did Apple say if the restore didn't work to return it? Take it to an Apple Store and let them check it. Or to where you got it.

Try to reset the phone fully.If it is not solved then contact to the store as soon as possible.