What's new

iPhone 6s Flashing Screen

Loreen

Reaction score
Hi. My iPhone 6S has been experiencing flashing screens. Today, for example, while not in use (yet unlocked), the calculator app flashed on the screen, then went away. Then, a second or so later, the camera app flashed on the screen, then went away. Then, another app, then another app. This would happen even though I was not touching the phone...it was flat, face up, on a table. It is like it is possessed.

It would not allow me to swipe to shut the phone off. I had to wait until it locked itself.

I have cleared search history and powered it off, to no avail. I have also updated the software system to the latest available.

This does not happen frequently, perhaps a couple every few weeks, but I wouldn't be able to call 911 or use my phone in case of emergency.

Any thoughts as to the cause and remedy?

Thank you!

Hi. My iPhone 6S has been experiencing flashing screens. Today, for example, while not in use (yet unlocked), the calculator app flashed on the screen, then went away. Then, a second or so later, the camera app flashed on the screen, then went away. Then, another app, then another app. This would happen even though I was not touching the phone...it was flat, face up, on a table. It is like it is possessed.

It would not allow me to swipe to shut the phone off. I had to wait until it locked itself.

I have cleared search history and powered it off, to no avail. I have also updated the software system to the latest available.

This does not happen frequently, perhaps a couple every few weeks, but I wouldn't be able to call 911 or use my phone in case of emergency.

Any thoughts as to the cause and remedy?

Thank you!
Symptoms like those are usually the result of a failing touch screen. A diagnostic at an Apple Store Genius Bar or an authorized Apple repair centre would confirm the cause of the fault.