What's new

iphone 5s all buttons not working

i figured out the problem I noticed apart of the screen was loose so I took a look in side it all cords were disconnected and guards where gone

i figured out the problem I noticed apart of the screen was loose so I took a look in side it all cords were disconnected and guards where gone
You could have purchased an iPhone that was assembled from the parts of several different iPhones by someone who didn't care whether or not he did a good job.

If you get everything connected and working, check to see if Touch ID works. Mismatched parts can permanently disable Apple Pay and Touch ID.

yeah, on to the next problem when I was i opened it up because it wasnt very well held in the screen just fell off and all the wires came unhooked now when i re attached them put everything back the screen has a line through it and the touch pads not working correctly. its working just not right.

yeah, on to the next problem when I was i opened it up because it wasnt very well held in the screen just fell off and all the wires came unhooked now when i re attached them put everything back the screen has a line through it and the touch pads not working correctly. its working just not right.
The line could mean the screen is defective. Unfortunately it looks like you got scammed by a crook who deliberately took your money in return for a defective iphone.

yeah should of left it how it was at least it was working... its not turning back on now don't know whats going on now

My advice would be if you can afford it would be, to smash the the iPhone into small pieces.
Put the the idea behind you.
Next time you buy an iPhone leave your DOG AT HOME [emoji23]

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

just buying a new meeting the guy soon and I will not bring the dog brixton boy lmaorof

Keep the dog and the old iPhone you might need it for spare parts [emoji722]

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

so I just bought the new one seems to be working good, but after I bought it I read this about some one who opened:
Well this happened to me when I was repairing a customer's phone. I have done about 10 iphone 5s and countless 4s and 3s. I am a repair guy.

What happened ... first the phone went together and turned on fine after replacing the screen but when I tested it the proximity sensor wasn't working. I opened it back up and fixed this but noticed when I put it back the lcd connector on the new sreen had a slight curve to it. I put it on and the proximity sensor worked but the screen was flickering so I tried connecting it and reconnecting it but it still flickered. I tried a soft reset (holding the sleep/power button and the home button till the phone shuts down, continuing holding button, till apple sign comes on then release both buttons). It then went to DFU mode, when restarting the phone apple logo comes on and at the top of the screen you will see some text at the top of the phone, and then the dredded red screen. I put on a new screen and it still was stuck tried several resets, plugged into to itunes no luck. Tried checking connection all was good. @#$%% to say the least. Well I read it may be the proximity sensor but I feel what caused this was the fact that I was plugging in the lcd while it was on. I should have powered down the phone first.

I did fix it though finally and here is how. Let the battery run all the way down then gave it a good charge. Note it still turned on in DFU mode though. Then I plugged it in to my computer and while plugged in did the power reset mentioned above. So try this fix.

1. plug in to computer and open itunes.

2. hold power/sleep button and home button down simultaneously unitll shuts down and apple logo reapears. Release both buttons.

3. let it retart. I tunes should recognize the phone and it should be out of DFU mode.

NOTE I did not need to restore the phone. Luckily.

Tip: Back up your phone to icloud or itunes frequently. :) and repair guys power off your phone before you do repairs or reconnect any screens.

Good Luck.
So maybe I need to let the phone die over a day or 2 and try it again

by the way is there a way to drain an iphone really fast so I dont have o wait 2 days lol

A basic mistake really, just like when l replaced the spark plugs on my car. Silly me l forgot that the engine was
still running. Boy did l get a whopping great electric shock
nearly put me into orbit before the space landings.
I bet your dog is still laughing [emoji1]

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.