What's new

iPhone 5

Melo870

Reaction score
What new features & hardware will the iPhone 5 bring???
I wanna know your opinions & wants for the next device!!!

I heard same dimension but more screen area. I just want better reception. Other than that, I couldn't ask for more.

'reception' comes from your communications provider. I agree that this area needs to 'speed up' though, to allow more users to make the change to an Internet phone.

The iPhone 5 is reported to come with 2 sim cards, I think that will be the biggest hardware revolution! Plus obviously better processor and even more gigs of space. Cosmetically a range of colors (instead of plain black), and undoubtfully slimmer again, even though it's already too slippery!

Early reports state iPhone 5 may be available early 2012.
Somewhat rushed from the September 2012 release to get everything right first. This is why I always wait a little while (say 6 months after release) for manufacturers to iron out all the issues (inevitable faults) first.

I have always felt they should make these things simpler. Less apps, less options; and the user then 'decides' to download all their wanted stuff. But that's progress for you, bigger (screen) and better gadgets.

I think they should have a better notification system, Facetime over 3/4G,better battery life,and sum new features. Overall the iPhone 4 is a beast so they should just a couple new features and updates.

things different is the edge to edge screen, and 8MP camera, metal back, will work on AT&T and Verizon

I would also like a better Camera & better voice controls

'reception' comes from your communications provider. I agree that this area needs to 'speed up' though, to allow more users to make the change to an Internet phone.

The iPhone 5 is reported to come with 2 sim cards, I think that will be the biggest hardware revolution! Plus obviously better processor and even more gigs of space. Cosmetically a range of colors (instead of plain black), and undoubtfully slimmer again, even though it's already too slippery!

Somewhat rushed from the September 2012 release to get everything right first. This is why I always wait a little while (say 6 months after release) for manufacturers to iron out all the issues (inevitable faults) first.

I have always felt they should make these things simpler. Less apps, less options; and the user then 'decides' to download all their wanted stuff. But that's progress for you, bigger (screen) and better gadgets.

i hope they do add two slots for two sim cards but the whole idea of using a micro sim was to save space to add more, i have my doubts how that will play out but i hope they do add two, i use a factory unlocked iphone so i can use two sims so being able to have both in at the same time would be very good.

the iphone has always been announced in june at the wwdc and released in july,, but things are different now and i can believe it might be a September release. well see in June.

2 sim cards in a phone is not a hardware revolution, Chinese phones having dual sim cards already 4years now, and some Korea phome brands like Samsung also have the dual sim cards phones. I will just say that Apple is late in the hardware revolution talking about dual sim cards. My guess is that, they will make dual sim cards phones more powefull and much more reliable than the ones out there at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently did a writeup of the top 5 things I'd like to see on the iPhone 5 over on my company's blog. In a nutshell, here's what I'm hoping for:

- A hardware boost (almost a given)
- NFC (may or may not happen)
- wireless charging (probably won't happen...)
- biometric security (probably won't happen...)
- iOS 5, with improved notifications especially (very likely)

If you want, you can read the whole blog post here.

infographic-iphone-5-rumors-march-2011.jpg

What I'd love to see in the next iPhone, however not a must...

- 64gb storage would be excellent
- assorted colours (similar to iPod nano)
- better camera
- better screen (although the current retina is amazing!)
- faster ram

I read somewhere that someone wants smart covers (like iPad 2) for the iPhone 5 - don't know how that'll work.

i hope bluetooth send/receive and video wallpapers is a new feature we get, also the ability to add our own sms tones!

better camera is always good but i think the current quality i impressive

better ram from 512mb would be good, imagine 1GB ram on there lol.. i dont tink they would boost it that much, some peoples pcs still have 512mb ram lol

Unleashed said:
i hope bluetooth send/receive and video wallpapers is a new feature we get, also the ability to add our own sms tones!
I honestly do doubt we'l see these features, IF we ever do

Unleashed said:
better camera is always good but i think the current quality i impressive
Current is amazing, but it would be good to have a better one :)

yeah i dont think we will either but i can still hope lol, not that i ever use bluetooth to send files any more...