What's new

iphone 5 unlocking help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockybb

Reaction score
hi i recently bought this iphone, i just updated and restored and ordered a sim card for giffgaff nano sim and just realized that it showed this sim card isnt compatible. So i assumed its currently locked to a carrier service which i know its Vodafone.
info - ios9.1 updated to
im wondering and trying to curerently find another way of unlocking the iphne 5 myself then calling up vodafone and paying, or paying some guy to do it for me, you guys know anyways? thanks in advance

Screenshot

If it's locked to a carrier, there's no other way to unlock it, but contacting the carrier. Those websites promising to unlock your iPhone are scam, afaik, and jailbreaking doesn't help unlocking your device.

If it's locked to a carrier, there's no other way to unlock it, but contacting the carrier. Those websites promising to unlock your iPhone are scam, afaik, and jailbreaking doesn't help unlocking your device.
ive been looking around google thats theres some free softwares that can unlock your phone within cydia, "sam" and some other things but for older firmwares

Jailbreaking and Unlocking are two different things. With the latest iOS version I am pretty sure that can be jailbroken. Jailbreaking it and then unlocking it is impossible (Do not even try installing Ultrasn0w app, it will not work).
You have to two options from my experience:
  1. Either contact the carrier that locks your device and ask them to unlock it (Most likely they will ask you to prove that you are the owner of that device, so the purchase receipt will be very useful)
  2. Use a third party company that support your device. Make a good research first, because there are a lot of scammers. Personally I am using (Will not advertise a company) companies that only support PayPal, so if anything goes wrong, I can get my money back very easily.
Having said that, you need to be 100% sure which company locks your device before making an iPhone unlock order.

Hope that helped!

iCloud lock cannot be broken, period.

It is an anti-theft measure designed to make stolen iPhones useless.

Unfortunately, people continue to buy them from dubious sources only to find they have bought a paperweight.

This forum cannot help. There is no way we know of to break iCloud lock, and no way we would give out such information if we knew it. We will not aid thieves and scammers.

This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.