What's new

Iphone 5- reactions?

I've got a spider webbed front screen and my i4's contract time is up so I'll be ordering. The biggest thing for me is the 4 LTE. Since I skipped over the 4s, the 5 is right in line with the way I've been buying iphones since the first one.
oh yes,you're definitely overdue for a new one.

Since I skipped over the 4s, the 5 is right in line with the way I've been buying iphones since the first one.
That's the track I'm currently on w/ my provider upgrades. Have the 4 now... skipped the 4S... getting the 5. So, I'll more than likely be skipping the 5S and will fall in line to get the 6.

I also have tons of stuff to include a nice belt holster and case to include a Morphie Juice pack charger for my iphone 4,plus this one does all I need and more. Not drinking the cool aid this trip, if I was really thirsty I'd get the 4s for $100 to have siri but I'm happy with what I have for the time being.

MessiahJuni said:
What is NFC?

Near Field Communication. What you'd use @ Walmart or the gas pump... just swipe your phone by a pad & it'll pay directly from there. That's the idea anyway....

Thomasjtsi said:
Near Field Communication. What you'd use @ Walmart or the gas pump... just swipe your phone by a pad & it'll pay directly from there. That's the idea anyway....

That would be nice!

I can upgrade by the end of this month, but I will wait a bit to see if there are not any issues and it also depends on plans available with my network. My iPhone 4 is like new as it has just been replaced by Apple, so I can wait a bit longer before getting the iPhone 5.

iThink it's time we temper our expectations in every next iPhone future release.

- Am happy that they retain the ergonomics and form factor in iP5 - thinner & longer, YES. GORGEOUS!

- Personally excited for upgrades in my part: camera, Siri, speed / LTE, better screen resolution, earPODS, additional
speakers, iOS 6 etc.

- Disappointed that Apple did not make announcements about buying T-Mobile or Sprint. jeje They should beat Google and revolutionize / shake-up that industry (lol. everybody will probably hate Apple if that happens).

- NFC technology or most stores will wait for Apple / iPhone. Don't worry about it. No big deal.

/am not really an ifanboy ; would love to have them all but I can only afford the best for my needs & style

Last edited:
- Am happy that they retain the ergonomics and form factor in iP5 - thinner & longer, YES. GORGEOUS!

I think that Apple will want every iPhone model to be instantly recognisable as an iPhone, regardless of any component upgrades or improvements, so I did not expect any massive change to how the iPhone 5 would look or operate... I suspect in the future we are not going to see any really major changes to the appearance of the various iPhone models either. An iPhone will always resemble an iPhone, and that for me is a good thing, as I think that iPhones look cool... Which is probably why I have one! There are some things that could have been in the iPhone 5, but aren't, and I will have to wait and see what real improvements iOS6 delivers, but I agree with you... yes, it is gorgeous!

Oh yeah, since that look is what made the iPhone iconic and with the patent in design validated even in court.

iPhone 5 is a huge letdown, now they are years behind!!!

verizon and sprint cant even talk and data at the same time!!!!!

I've already per-ordered mine but, I think the 4S was a bigger jump over the 4 than the 5 is over the 4S. 5 to 8 megapixel camera, dual antenna, 7x faster graphics A5, image stabilization, SIRI, louder speaker. The 5 has a bigger screen but other than that, everything else is less obvious.

Plus, I even think the 4S is a better looking phone. It has pleasing proportions and the glass back with chrome apple is still sexy. The 5 looks oddly long and the two tone back reminds me of a car with body panels that don't match.

I'm getting the 5 for one reason, to try the longer screen. I just hope it's not too big to take to the gym. My 4S is a nice iPod substitute at its unobtrusive size. You never see big android phones at the gym but you see a ton of iphones strapped to peoples arms. If the 5 wasn't lighter, I would have hung on to my 4s another year.

The best case scenario for me would have been a 4 inch screen with no increase in length.

Last edited:
Bigger screen without an increase in size is what I was expecting. A bit disappointing but reduced weight is a plus. Speed is another.

I would also have appreciated waterproofing which is now making its way into some android devices. Using an iPhone at the gym our outside sounds great until you get it wet. Oh well I guess next time.

However have ordered a 64Gb white gsm unlocked.

I am very disappointed of the new model, I was hoping this will be a model with many new features and a much better battery performance. I am going to stick to my iPhone 4 and wait for iPhone 6 hopefully in 2013.