What's new

iPhone 5 pre-installed iOS version?

NicksTotal

Reaction score
If I buy an iPhone 5 from the Apple website or an Apple store right now, what version on iOS will it have installed on it? Will it be iOS 6.0, 6.1.4 or something else?

Thanks

If I buy an iPhone 5 from the Apple website or an Apple store right now, what version on iOS will it have installed on it? Will it be iOS 6.0, 6.1.4 or something else?

Thanks
your iphone 5 would come preinstalled with ios6,after set up it should then be then be on 6.1 4,if it isn't it is very easy to update......also ios7 is not far away.

Last edited:
your iphone 5 would come preinstalled with ios6,after set up it should then be then be on 6.1 4,if it isn't it is very easy to update......also ios7 is not far away.

I need it to be on iOS 6.1.2 or below for jailbreaking, will it be like that?

I need it to be on iOS 6.1.2 or below for jailbreaking, will it be like that?

Unlikely. Apple installs the currently latest version of iOS on an iPhone during production. Any iPhones produced after the release of iOS 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 would have those iOS versions installed. The iPhone 5 is in such demand that it is unlikely you would be find one produced early enough to have left the factory with iOS 6.1.2 or earlier installed.

There is a way, however to see what iOS version is on a new iPhone, without even opening the box. If you go here and enter the serial number, it will tell you which iOS version it left the factory with. http://ios.joshuaturner.co/

6.1.4, I received a replacement 2 weeks ago and that came installed already.

At the time of buying iphone 5 brand new, it comes with iOS 6 pre-installed. You have to update your software to get latest iOS and the latest iOS for iphone is iOS 7.

At the time of buying iphone 5 brand new, it comes with iOS 6 pre-installed. You have to update your software to get latest iOS and the latest iOS for iphone is iOS 7.

Incorrect, the latest available iOS version for the iPhone 5 is iOS 6.1.4. iOS 7 is in beta release and is not available to the general public. Only registered iOS Developers can legally download iOS 7 beta releases.