What's new

iOS Downgrade

Khilstock87

Reaction score
I managed to downgrade my iOS from 7 back to 6.1.4 once before. My cousin have taken it upon herself to upgrade my sw bk to 7. Now I am having problems going bk to 6.1.4. I am getting error code 3194. can someone please help me. I have the iPhone 5.

I managed to downgrade my iOS from 7 back to 6.1.4 once before. My cousin have taken it upon herself to upgrade my sw bk to 7. Now I am having problems going bk to 6.1.4. I am getting error code 3194. can someone please help me. I have the iPhone 5.

Apple stopped signing all versions up to iOS 7.0.1. The versions still signed are iOS 7.0.2 & 7.0.3....

So, you can't downgrade iPhone 5 from iOS 7 to iOS 6.1.4.....downgrading is only possible on iPhone 4 with SHSH blobs...

First you have to make sure you have iOS 6 SHSH blobs. Download Tiny Umbrella to find out.

If you don't..then your stuck on iOS 7 *forever*.

If you do..then you can downgrade. Just create an iPSW file with iFaith from ih8sn0w.com.

Then put the phone in PWNED DFU mode using iREB (located in iFaith).

THEN you shift+restore to the custom iPSW.

This only works for iPhone 4.

Any device above that will not work. iPhone 4S and above your stuck on iOS 7.

The only reason you were able to downgrade back to 6.1.4 was because that was the time period where Apple still had iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 open for signing because of the initial introduction of iOS 7. There's no way to get back to iOS 6 on the iPhone 4S+ or the iPad2+ regardless of whether you have blobs or not