What's new

Screen Borders Flickering after iOS 7 downgrade

darkdhanil

Reaction score
Hello. I installed today IOS 7 Beta 3 on my iPhone 5 just to try it. So after i downgrade back to 6.1.4 i notice that the screen is flickering, not all of it. Its flickering in the borders not in the center. I have tried lots of restores using DFU mode but when it gets up it is still flickering. Before i try that it was normal so anyone has any ideas?

Screen problems are hardware related, has nothing to do with downgrading/upgrading iOS or any software type causes.

Screen problems are hardware related, has nothing to do with downgrading/upgrading iOS or any software type causes.
So i should change the LCD right?
If yes, i have been looking for an LCD replacement on ebay and all i get its a digitizer + LCD combo.

So i should change the LCD right?
If yes, i have been looking for an LCD replacement on ebay and all i get its a digitizer + LCD combo.

If you open up your iPhone 5, you'll void the warranty. Since your warranty hasn't expired, the first step should always be to have it checked at the Apple store before to see if it's a warranty issue.

i have the exact same issue after doing exactly what you were doing. i'm pretty sure it isn't an internal hardware problem since it only started after i downgraded from ios 7 beta 3. it would have to be pretty coincidental for it to happen to both of us after doing the same actions. the flickering border is really annoying to look at too. any ideas on what i can do?

nope.

update on my problem: it just solved itself after i went to sleep with it charging. guess it isn't something that lasts very long.

Hardware not software problem. My ex girlfriend had this issue. The guys at both the Apple and Sprint Repair Center couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. She charged it endlessly and went to get it "repaired". The issue kept popping up. They eventually replaced her phone.