What's new

Iphone 5 iOS 8 itunes 12.1.1.4

Can you guide me through this please if you don't mind.
I'm in iTunes, music but can't seem to see how you got to the screen you attached.

Ack... Tapatalk on this Win 8.1 PC isn't like the iOS version at all! Oh well...

What I was going to say in my previous post was that you don't have to have all those filters for Genre's. At minimum all you'd need would be the "Media Kind is Music" filter. Where the cycling of songs comes from is the line that says "Limit to [x] [items] selected by [least recently played]. The places enclosed with the square braces are options that you can adjust to your liking, but to get the music to change at each sync this is what you need. Just replace the x with the number of songs you want synced. 90 songs would roughly be about 6 hours of uninterrupted music and would only use around 700 MB.

If you want a more random playlist, you could do it this way instead:

Sent from my Dell Laptop using TapaTalk.

Ok great I'll look and see if I'm able to set this up.

Thank you
Here's a suggestion, instead of trying to get all of your music on your phone, why not just set up a smart playlist and have it put some of your music on your phone. Then each time you sync your phone to iTunes, it will swap out the recently played songs for song you haven't heard. This is what I do with mine because I have a vast collection of music that won't all fit on my phone and I have 32 GB on my phone! Here's my smart playlist:

Ack... Tapatalk on this Win 8.1 PC isn't like the iOS version at all! Oh well...

What I was going to say in my previous post was that you don't have to have all those filters for Genre's. At minimum all you'd need would be the "Media Kind is Music" filter. Where the cycling of songs comes from is the line that says "Limit to [x] [items] selected by [least recently played]. The places enclosed with the square braces are options that you can adjust to your liking, but to get the music to change at each sync this is what you need. Just replace the x with the number of songs you want synced. 90 songs would roughly be about 6 hours of uninterrupted music and would only use around 700 MB.

If you want a more random playlist, you could do it this way instead:

I think I may be ok doing as you are suggesting and thank you.
I'll let you know how I get on.