What's new

Itunes 11/Iphone 5

firemantom26

Reaction score
I downloaded Itunes 11.0 (x64) last week. I backed up my Iphone 4S on it Sunday. Monday I got my new Iphone 5 and activated it from my previous backup done on Sunday. The problem is my contacts & pictures were there but not any apps, ringtones or music. I have done this many times but this is the first time I had to add what apps and songs that I wanted. Is this something new with Itunes 11 from previous versions? With older versions Itunes when I activated new phones from a backup contacts, pictures ,apps, songs, and ringtones appeared on the new phone. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for any help on this
Tom

Quite accidentally I came across this issue myself. I noticed a duplicate contact so I figured it would be best to fix it in gmail as opposed to just doing it on the phone.

When I made the change I went to iTunes 11 and contacts. It appeared that iTunes had no idea where my contacts were. I simply selected download from gmail and a prompt came up asking me if I wanted to merge the lists or use just the gmail contacts. Another clue that something wasn't quite right. I told it to use my gmail contacts and everything came out just fine.

This could be an issue with iTunes 11, I can't say for sure because you and I are the only ones who I've seen report the issue. Maybe it's on another thread, but I haven't seen it.

I am being told that with Itunes 11 when you snyc it from a backup you get your contacts and pictures but you manualy have to add music, Ringtones and apps.

I hope this is wrong...........

Don't believe everything you hear.

When you went from 10.7 to 11.0 your music went over, right? Why wouldn't it with a backup? That doesn't make sense and I don't believe Apple would allow something like that to happen.

Don't believe everything you hear.

When you went from 10.7 to 11.0 your music went over, right? Why wouldn't it with a backup? That doesn't make sense and I don't believe Apple would allow something like that to happen.

Everything transfered from 10.7 to 11.0

Upgraded to the iTunes 11 but deleted it afterwards and reinstalled iTunes 10.7. With iTunes 11, it just looks like a Music Store, I could not see my apps and all the screens apps of my phone. I am not sure what it is all about.

Upgraded to the iTunes 11 but deleted it afterwards and reinstalled iTunes 10.7. With iTunes 11, it just looks like a Music Store, I could not see my apps and all the screens apps of my phone. I am not sure what it is all about.

It's all still there just in different places
I am liking it more as I get used to it

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Though I have uninstalled it, where were the apps on my phone displayed in iTunes actually? I have clicked on anything thing that I could see and no avail, I guessed I panicked and got rid of it.
I wished I could see a screen shot of iTunes.

Downgrading to a lower version of iTunes is not recommended. The first thing they tell you is to make sure that you have the most current iTunes. Although it's probably doubtful I suppose you could brick your phone if you don't have the latest iTunes.

At first I had some issues with it, and I still do about the lyrics plugin no longer working. However I really enjoy the way you can add music on without having to wait until the end of the song. I think that's a great feature.

Though I have uninstalled it, where were the apps on my phone displayed in iTunes actually? I have clicked on anything thing that I could see and no avail, I guessed I panicked and got rid of it.
I wished I could see a screen shot of iTunes.
First one is iTunes 11 with my phone connected
Second one is what you see when you click on the iPhone icon next to the Store icon

Attachments

• $it11.JPG
    $it11.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 409
  • $itunesphone.jpg
    $itunesphone.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 418
Switched back to 10.7. Very easy to do.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iPF.net